Turn $500/Year into $500,000! I recently created Roth IRA’s for my kids and put $500 into each account. With a little guidance from me, the kids will each choose to become stock owners of one company. Going forward I will encourage them to save by matching what they contribute to the account and am hopeful […]
There are a lucky 13 days remaining in 2014 it’s not too late to consider at least one of these financially savvy ideas: Taxing matters If you’re paying estimated taxes, now would be a good time to review your payments, especially if you had a big change in income from the prior year, Estimated […]
Roth vs. Traditional IRA 8 Important Comparisons Deciding which retirement account type may fit your needs is an important step in retirement planning. The comparisons below provide an overview of the differences between the Traditional and Roth IRAs which may be a good resource for you. Remember…the Contribution Deadline for the 2013 Tax Year is […]
Your IRA or 401k is partially yours and partially the property of the IRS. Unfortunately, the IRS doesn’t tell you what they get until you make a withdrawal. RETIREMENT PLAN REALITY CHECK IRA Balance Marginal Tax Rates Yours […]
American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 – Updated Fiscal Cliff Deal Calculator The theater (crisis) is over for now and a last-minute agreement was made in Congress. What is harder to believe? The 154 page document was given to the Senate 3 minutes prior to their voting on it or that President Obama went on […]
Yes, I am referring to you. My favorite retirement savings vehicle is the Roth IRA and you may be wise to use it. There are 3 ways to fund a Roth IRA. 1. FRONT-DOOR Roth Contribution – Contribute directly if – Married family income under $173,000 (phased out to $183,000) A Roth IRA is funded […]
In an attempt to make the best of a sour economic situation it’s time to take a look at your IRA or Roth IRA and try to make those sour investment losses you may have experienced over the last quarter work for you, rather than against you. If you proactively took the opportunity to take […]
- Is Ignorance Bliss? March 3, 2015
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? February 24, 2015
- Life Insurance Key to Retirement Spending and Legacy Plan February 17, 2015
- One Powerful Financial Move for Kids (or Grand-kids) February 10, 2015
- Life Without the Wife February 3, 2015
- Shut Up and Take My Money January 13, 2015
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? | Life Planning Today: […] is that you leave nothing from the money...
- One Powerful Financial Move for Kids | Life Planning Today: […] Take Advantage of Tax-free Roth IRA [...
- Illinois and Greece, Two of a Kind? | Life Planning Today: […] Chicago Finances in BIG TROUBLE- The Blu...
- The Real State of the Union | Life Planning Today: […] Unworkable Obamacare […]...
- The Real State of the Union | Life Planning Today: […] Economic & Investment Review […...