As many of you may know, both my husband Randy and I have become orphans over the past three years. One of the many new processes we have been faced with is how to deal with the many tangible “treasures” that have been acquired for almost a century. A substantial number of these treasures found […]
If you have a desire to leave money for your spouse or kids, life insurance is the best asset to leave them. Notice I said “asset,” not “investment.” At death, don’t investments morph into just another asset? I think so and I try to convey this to my clients. Life insurance is not an investment, […]
Tax Freedom Day is the day when the nation as a whole has earned enough money to pay its total tax bill for the year. A vivid, calendar-based illustration of the cost of government, Tax Freedom Day divides all federal, state, and local taxes by the nation’s income. In 2014, Americans will pay $3 trillion […]
While Lent is a 40-day preparation for Easter in Christian religions, it could also be an opportunity to make some changes, including financial ones, which could positively impact your life. Some ideas for this Lent season: 1. Give a little more Clean out your closet and dresser and donate clothes to those that need […]
Roth vs. Traditional IRA 8 Important Comparisons Deciding which retirement account type may fit your needs is an important step in retirement planning. The comparisons below provide an overview of the differences between the Traditional and Roth IRAs which may be a good resource for you. Remember…the Contribution Deadline for the 2013 Tax Year is […]
Your IRA or 401k is partially yours and partially the property of the IRS. Unfortunately, the IRS doesn’t tell you what they get until you make a withdrawal. RETIREMENT PLAN REALITY CHECK IRA Balance Marginal Tax Rates Yours […]
We all know that the U.S. Government is $17 trillion in debt and has made trillions of dollars in Entitlement promises for which it has no money to pay. Forgive me if I don’t trust politicians not to come after my hard earned income and savings with new or higher taxes in the future to […]
I’ve got Christmas shopping bills coming due. How about you? Today, I will tell you how two simple tax strategies will save me $2,800 this year. They may work for you as well. The first will save me $1,000, the second will save $1,800 in income tax this year. Take 15 minutes at lunch today […]
It’s not what you make, but what you keep that counts. 1. “Realize” Capital Gains by Selling Winners Many people sold investments a few years ago when the stock market plunged. For some, those sales created a tax loss that could be used to offset future capital gains. The gain or loss is computed simple […]
Since day one, my compass for financial advice giving has been sharply focused and easy to read. When making recommendations for a client, I consider what would I do in their situation. If it was an older client, I would ask; “what would I do if those were my parents?” Therefore, it should come as […]
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? February 24, 2015
- Life Insurance Key to Retirement Spending and Legacy Plan February 17, 2015
- One Powerful Financial Move for Kids (or Grand-kids) February 10, 2015
- Life Without the Wife February 3, 2015
- Illinois and Greece, Two of a Kind? January 28, 2015
- Shut Up and Take My Money January 13, 2015
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- “Cameron Frye, This One’s for You!” March 31, 2014
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? | Life Planning Today: […] is that you leave nothing from the money...
- One Powerful Financial Move for Kids | Life Planning Today: […] Take Advantage of Tax-free Roth IRA [...
- Illinois and Greece, Two of a Kind? | Life Planning Today: […] Chicago Finances in BIG TROUBLE- The Blu...
- The Real State of the Union | Life Planning Today: […] Unworkable Obamacare […]...
- The Real State of the Union | Life Planning Today: […] Economic & Investment Review […...