Today’s blog is a quick audio review of the economy and stock and bond markets. Take a listen and get caught up. Click her to listen to update Please call me if you have any questions. 630-942-9007
Your account balance carries a hidden surrender charge. Millions of working Americans contribute a percentage of their earnings to a 401k account while many also have IRA accounts, most of which were formerly 401k that were rolled over to IRA’s. While some people follow the daily moves of their account balances, other wait patiently for […]
A majority of voters were not happy with the policies (higher taxes, Obamacare, etc.) of many politicians on the ballot and the results show many new faces in office. Here are some of the my opinions about what this may mean: Gridlock In Washington – All the republicans can do is pass bills and bring […]
Recently, President Obama quietly withdrew the most important element of the Affordable Health Care Act, “The Mandate.” The Mandate that everyone must purchase insurance or face a tax penalty has been postponed for two years. The original goal of the Affordable Care Act was to encourage the millions of Americans without insurance to sign up […]
We all know that the U.S. Government is $17 trillion in debt and has made trillions of dollars in Entitlement promises for which it has no money to pay. Forgive me if I don’t trust politicians not to come after my hard earned income and savings with new or higher taxes in the future to […]
It has been a memorable year and I hope my blog (over 5,000 hits in 2014) has captured some of the moments that impacted our lives and will help us plan for the future. I’ll take this time to re-share my some of my most popular blogs from this year and for fun ask that […]
What would happen to the cost of your auto insurance policy if oil changes were paid for entirely by your auto insurance? You wouldn’t pay at the point of service, but rather you would give them a card and they would send your paperwork off to your auto insurance company to collect payment. Laughable right? […]
On October 1st, insurance rates were released for individuals and while most people were taking the government website for a test drive (very few people have signed up) the premiums are not lower as were promised by the President a few years ago. My sister, for example, just informed me that her new family premium […]
The only potential “crisis” is that most people are doing just fine with 17% of the government shut down. God forbid the nation gets by with less government spending. Like a household after a pay decrease, spending priorities need to be made to make do with the money that is coming in. The U.S. Government […]
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? February 24, 2015
- Life Insurance Key to Retirement Spending and Legacy Plan February 17, 2015
- One Powerful Financial Move for Kids (or Grand-kids) February 10, 2015
- Life Without the Wife February 3, 2015
- Illinois and Greece, Two of a Kind? January 28, 2015
- Shut Up and Take My Money January 13, 2015
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- “Cameron Frye, This One’s for You!” March 31, 2014
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? | Life Planning Today: […] is that you leave nothing from the money...
- One Powerful Financial Move for Kids | Life Planning Today: […] Take Advantage of Tax-free Roth IRA [...
- Illinois and Greece, Two of a Kind? | Life Planning Today: […] Chicago Finances in BIG TROUBLE- The Blu...
- The Real State of the Union | Life Planning Today: […] Unworkable Obamacare […]...
- The Real State of the Union | Life Planning Today: […] Economic & Investment Review […...