Recently, President Obama quietly withdrew the most important element of the Affordable Health Care Act, “The Mandate.” The Mandate that everyone must purchase insurance or face a tax penalty has been postponed for two years. The original goal of the Affordable Care Act was to encourage the millions of Americans without insurance to sign up […]
We all know that the U.S. Government is $17 trillion in debt and has made trillions of dollars in Entitlement promises for which it has no money to pay. Forgive me if I don’t trust politicians not to come after my hard earned income and savings with new or higher taxes in the future to […]
It has been a memorable year and I hope my blog (over 5,000 hits in 2014) has captured some of the moments that impacted our lives and will help us plan for the future. I’ll take this time to re-share my some of my most popular blogs from this year and for fun ask that […]
What would happen to the cost of your auto insurance policy if oil changes were paid for entirely by your auto insurance? You wouldn’t pay at the point of service, but rather you would give them a card and they would send your paperwork off to your auto insurance company to collect payment. Laughable right? […]
On October 1st, insurance rates were released for individuals and while most people were taking the government website for a test drive (very few people have signed up) the premiums are not lower as were promised by the President a few years ago. My sister, for example, just informed me that her new family premium […]
The only potential “crisis” is that most people are doing just fine with 17% of the government shut down. God forbid the nation gets by with less government spending. Like a household after a pay decrease, spending priorities need to be made to make do with the money that is coming in. The U.S. Government […]
The last time the federal government shutdown was back in November 1995 and the Dow Jones was at 5,074. Three years later it was up to 9,100 (UP 80%). The Newt Gingrich led the Republican House of Representatives to battle on Capitol Hill to reduce government spending. When the previous fiscal year ended on September […]
The number of people in our country receiving redistributed tax money from tax paying citizens is growing at a record rate and the new healthcare law will dramatically grow that number. It is very sad that: Food Stampers have exploded(1/6 of adults) Total Unemployed – nearly (14%) Medicaid & Welfare recipients at record highs (over […]
Liberal pension excesses are now jeopardizing liberal priorities. From WSJ 8/12/2013 The crisis of liberal state and city government is arriving, with Detroit in bankruptcy and now no less a Democratic potentate than Mayor Rahm Emanuel warning about the fiscal mess in Chicago. The partnership of public unions and liberal politicians is hitting the wall. […]
- Does 4% Retirement Rule Make Sense For You Today? October 22, 2014
- How Much is Enough? October 15, 2014
- Beware of October’s Spooks and Scares October 1, 2014
- Have You Had “The Talk”? September 24, 2014
- Money vs. Memories: The Cost of Being Too Frugal September 16, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Scott Blumenshine: Wow. Good information to keep things in perspectiv...
- Brad Rosley: Thank you....
- Mathew: Very nice post. I just stumbled upoon you blog and...
- Brad: Classic guy behavior for many of us....
- Mike Pensinger: I weirdly struggle with my frugality (cheapness) s...