Your account balance carries a hidden surrender charge. Millions of working Americans contribute a percentage of their earnings to a 401k account while many also have IRA accounts, most of which were formerly 401k that were rolled over to IRA’s. While some people follow the daily moves of their account balances, other wait patiently for […]
In addition to Halloween, the month of October is known for creating spooks and scares among investors. When it comes to wealth suddenly disappearing, October can be quite frightful. The stock market crash of 1929 that led to the Great Depression occurred in October. So did the 22.6% plunge suffered by the Dow Jones industrial average in […]
How long do you think it will take for the S&P 500 to reach 4,000 or the Dow to reach 34,000? I started my career in finance back in 1986, when the S&P 500 index was under 300. Today, it crossed the 2,000 mark, which means that it has climbed nearly 700% and that doesn’t count […]
We are now past the halfway mark for 2014 and it’s time for a brief review of our investment and economic performance. At your leisure, check out my video commentary below. Halftime Investment & Economic Report Please email or call with any questions or comments you may have.
As the Dow nears hitting 17,000 after dropping to 6,626 back on March 2, 2009, you would think there would be mass euphoria and an upbeat feeling among you and your peers. Surprisingly, I don’t see or feel it. But, why is that? Shouldn’t everyone be feeling fantastic about their financial situation with such an incredible […]
We know department stores will have huge sales the day after Thanksgiving, but no one tells us when stock or bond prices are going on sale. Analysts are paid big money to try and predict investment (Stock & Bond) prices, but they are often wrong and much better at hindsight than forecasting. What we know… […]
Spring is finally upon us…well almost. Do you remember your childhood days where the weather was temperate enough that you could walk up to the local drug store (in my case Vallette Rexall Drug) with a dollar in your pocket? In the late 1970s you were able to purchase at least 4 jumbo candy bars […]
Your IRA or 401k is partially yours and partially the property of the IRS. Unfortunately, the IRS doesn’t tell you what they get until you make a withdrawal. RETIREMENT PLAN REALITY CHECK IRA Balance Marginal Tax Rates Yours […]
We all know that the U.S. Government is $17 trillion in debt and has made trillions of dollars in Entitlement promises for which it has no money to pay. Forgive me if I don’t trust politicians not to come after my hard earned income and savings with new or higher taxes in the future to […]
Last week, the stock market had its worst week in quite a while, including a 300 point sell off for the Dow. Is the next “correction“ finally underway for the market? When people talk to me about “the market,” why is it they usually mean the U.S. large company indexes? I guess they believe […]
- Loving More Effectively November 18, 2014
- Fictitious Balance on Your 401k/IRA Account Statement November 11, 2014
- Post 2014 Election Expectations November 5, 2014
- 10 Outstanding Ways to Save $$$ October 30, 2014
- Does 4% Retirement Rule Make Sense For You Today? October 22, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Rob Wyant: Brad. Thank you for sharing. Excellent book and ...
- Mike Pensinger: I explain to clients the *hope* is that you'll be...
- Brad Rosley: Be happy with what you have. Count your blessings ...
- Mike Pensinger: Wow! I knew we are extremely lucky to be living i...
- Scott Blumenshine: Wow. Good information to keep things in perspectiv...