Turn $500/Year into $500,000! I recently created Roth IRA’s for my kids and put $500 into each account. With a little guidance from me, the kids will each choose to become stock owners of one company. Going forward I will encourage them to save by matching what they contribute to the account and am hopeful […]
Today’s blog is a quick audio review of the economy and stock and bond markets. Take a listen and get caught up. Click her to listen to update Please call me if you have any questions. 630-942-9007
Most of my clients tell me this isn’t true, because they pay their card balance off in full each month. I say, “That’s part of the problem!” We all have a propensity to spend up to what we know we can afford to pay off each month. Those that carry and grow their balances […]
Your account balance carries a hidden surrender charge. Millions of working Americans contribute a percentage of their earnings to a 401k account while many also have IRA accounts, most of which were formerly 401k that were rolled over to IRA’s. While some people follow the daily moves of their account balances, other wait patiently for […]
In addition to Halloween, the month of October is known for creating spooks and scares among investors. When it comes to wealth suddenly disappearing, October can be quite frightful. The stock market crash of 1929 that led to the Great Depression occurred in October. So did the 22.6% plunge suffered by the Dow Jones industrial average in […]
How long do you think it will take for the S&P 500 to reach 4,000 or the Dow to reach 34,000? I started my career in finance back in 1986, when the S&P 500 index was under 300. Today, it crossed the 2,000 mark, which means that it has climbed nearly 700% and that doesn’t count […]
We are now past the halfway mark for 2014 and it’s time for a brief review of our investment and economic performance. At your leisure, check out my video commentary below. Halftime Investment & Economic Report Please email or call with any questions or comments you may have.
As the Dow nears hitting 17,000 after dropping to 6,626 back on March 2, 2009, you would think there would be mass euphoria and an upbeat feeling among you and your peers. Surprisingly, I don’t see or feel it. But, why is that? Shouldn’t everyone be feeling fantastic about their financial situation with such an incredible […]
We know department stores will have huge sales the day after Thanksgiving, but no one tells us when stock or bond prices are going on sale. Analysts are paid big money to try and predict investment (Stock & Bond) prices, but they are often wrong and much better at hindsight than forecasting. What we know… […]
Spring is finally upon us…well almost. Do you remember your childhood days where the weather was temperate enough that you could walk up to the local drug store (in my case Vallette Rexall Drug) with a dollar in your pocket? In the late 1970s you were able to purchase at least 4 jumbo candy bars […]
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? February 24, 2015
- Life Insurance Key to Retirement Spending and Legacy Plan February 17, 2015
- One Powerful Financial Move for Kids (or Grand-kids) February 10, 2015
- Life Without the Wife February 3, 2015
- Illinois and Greece, Two of a Kind? January 28, 2015
- Shut Up and Take My Money January 13, 2015
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- “Cameron Frye, This One’s for You!” March 31, 2014
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? | Life Planning Today: […] is that you leave nothing from the money...
- One Powerful Financial Move for Kids | Life Planning Today: […] Take Advantage of Tax-free Roth IRA [...
- Illinois and Greece, Two of a Kind? | Life Planning Today: […] Chicago Finances in BIG TROUBLE- The Blu...
- The Real State of the Union | Life Planning Today: […] Unworkable Obamacare […]...
- The Real State of the Union | Life Planning Today: […] Economic & Investment Review […...