Many investors have a slice of their investments in international stock mutual funds. That is part of a diversified plan. True diversification is built by owning assets that move in different directions. We tend to not focus on the why’s, but rather look at the bottom line, “did I make money?” Don’t react to short-term […]
Turn $500/Year into $500,000! I recently created Roth IRA’s for my kids and put $500 into each account. With a little guidance from me, the kids will each choose to become stock owners of one company. Going forward I will encourage them to save by matching what they contribute to the account and am hopeful […]
Today’s blog is a quick audio review of the economy and stock and bond markets. Take a listen and get caught up. Click her to listen to update Please call me if you have any questions. 630-942-9007
Most of my clients tell me this isn’t true, because they pay their card balance off in full each month. I say, “That’s part of the problem!” We all have a propensity to spend up to what we know we can afford to pay off each month. Those that carry and grow their balances […]
Your account balance carries a hidden surrender charge. Millions of working Americans contribute a percentage of their earnings to a 401k account while many also have IRA accounts, most of which were formerly 401k that were rolled over to IRA’s. While some people follow the daily moves of their account balances, other wait patiently for […]
In addition to Halloween, the month of October is known for creating spooks and scares among investors. When it comes to wealth suddenly disappearing, October can be quite frightful. The stock market crash of 1929 that led to the Great Depression occurred in October. So did the 22.6% plunge suffered by the Dow Jones industrial average in […]
How long do you think it will take for the S&P 500 to reach 4,000 or the Dow to reach 34,000? I started my career in finance back in 1986, when the S&P 500 index was under 300. Today, it crossed the 2,000 mark, which means that it has climbed nearly 700% and that doesn’t count […]
We are now past the halfway mark for 2014 and it’s time for a brief review of our investment and economic performance. At your leisure, check out my video commentary below. Halftime Investment & Economic Report Please email or call with any questions or comments you may have.
As the Dow nears hitting 17,000 after dropping to 6,626 back on March 2, 2009, you would think there would be mass euphoria and an upbeat feeling among you and your peers. Surprisingly, I don’t see or feel it. But, why is that? Shouldn’t everyone be feeling fantastic about their financial situation with such an incredible […]
We know department stores will have huge sales the day after Thanksgiving, but no one tells us when stock or bond prices are going on sale. Analysts are paid big money to try and predict investment (Stock & Bond) prices, but they are often wrong and much better at hindsight than forecasting. What we know… […]
- Money and Marriage April 14, 2015
- Mini Van Beats Jet for Family Time April 8, 2015
- “Return on Life” March 25, 2015
- All You Have To Do Is Ask March 17, 2015
- Super Strong Dollar Not Good for Foreign Investments March 12, 2015
- Shut Up and Take My Money January 13, 2015
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- “Cameron Frye, This One’s for You!” March 31, 2014
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Brad Rosley: Hi Victor, glad you liked it. sign up for the week...
- Victor Rojas: Brad Excellent post, I'll follow your technique ...
- Brad Rosley: Thanks for sharing Steve. I learned quite a bit fr...
- Steve Groenier: Great story Brad. I remember road trips with my fa...
- Brad Rosley: It's not hard. It's free to set up via wordpress...