The U.S. stock market just had a terrific first quarter. The S&P 500 index was up 10.0% over the past three months. My client portfolios were not up that much because they also own many other investment asset classes that didn’t advance nearly as much. For example, the bond market was flat for the quarter, [...]
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (Dow) closed just above its peak 5 ½ years ago, but as you will see below much has changed over that time. The Last Time The Dow Was Here (Oct. 2007) vs. Today: Dow Jones Industrial Average: Then 14164.5; Now 14253 Regular Gas Price: Then $2.75; Now $3.73 GDP [...]
Avoiding life’s big financial planning mistakes is not hard if you plan well. Financial planning, however, takes a backseat to day-to-day living for many people and this is where the potential problems creep in. Here is a list of five key planning issues that everyone should address: 1. Not Enough Liquid Savings Having plenty [...]
Fiscal Cliff – Republican’s Punt to the Democrats House Speaker Boehner called off a vote on a Bill that would have maintained most of the current tax rates (except for $1 million wage earners). Apparently, it may not have had enough votes to pass. Fiscally conservative House members are not planning to vote for a [...]
Well the first several days after the election has seen the stock market drop by five percent, leaving those that follow our nation’s fiscal situation feeling uneasy. I feel the same way as I have been yelling from the tallest tower (or at least my weekly blog) that our government spending is out of control [...]
About Fortune Financial Group
Brad Rosley, CFP® and Ann Gunst, CFP®/CPA help their clients bridge the gap between financial success and living a life of fulfillment!
Have a Financial Question?
- Bond Prices at Nose-Bleed Levels – Public Jumps in With Both Feet May 14, 2013
- Obamacare – Pass on Insurance? – Train Wreck Coming May 1, 2013
- Why CFP® Certification Matters April 24, 2013
- Assault on Gold April 17, 2013
- SUMMER INTERNSHIP SEACH 2013! April 16, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Parenting – Should I Share This Story About a Recovering Drug Addict With My Teenager? February 4, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Post Election Economic and Investment Outlook November 15, 2012
- Do the Math – Big Ten Schools April 25, 2012
- insurance handbook for the medical office 11th edition workbook: Awesome things here. I am very happy to see your a...
- Brad Rosley: If someone were diagnosed with a bad (expensive to...
- mike jachec: The problem with not getting insurance is that if ...
- Brad Rosley: I'm not a CPAa, but I would guess the answer woul...
- Mel: "If your business is incorporated, you can deduct...