My youngest, who recently received his Driver’s License, going for a cruise… Driver Education In Illinois, most people under age 18 learn to drive in high school or at a commercial driver training school licensed by the Secretary of State’s office. Commercial driver training schools in the Chicagoland area include Top Driver, Michael’s Driving School […]
Last week, I had the opportunity to listen to Chris Herren, former NBA basketball player, speak at Glenbard High School’s Parent Speaker Night on substance abuse. One word – riveting. As a father of teenagers, this presentation was especially timely. It should never have happened to him, just like it should never happen to your […]
When I went to college ( U. Of Iowa) the out-of-state cost was around $5,000. Four years and $20,000 or so later I and was done (thanks again mom and dad for paying). My first salaried job paid me $19,500, or almost the equivalent of what my four-year Big Ten school education cost. For the […]
Yes, I am living vicariously through my son, Jake’s, youth baseball career. It’s been a fun, interesting, and at times an exasperating experience so far. Did I mention, expensive? We just spent the past five days in Ft. Myers as he traveled with a special group of players representing Bo Jackson’s Elite team in a […]
Kids have always been sponges when it comes to learning from their parents. As an adult, I can reflect on what I learned from my mom and dad. I admit (and am proud of) that I’m a lot like they were/are. Unfortunately, I’ve spoiled my kids more than I should have and am paying the […]
With students entering into the final stretch of the spring semester many are still contemplating their options for employment this summer. Many students are still looking to land a summer internship. Although many young adults have already solidified their plans for the summer, many are still looking for the opportunity to land a summer internship. […]
Reconnecting With The Past About 22 years ago, I was asked by a girl I liked if I would volunteer to tutor a child from the Cabrini Green area. I said “ok” and went to the Fourth Presbyterian Church on Michigan Avenue in Chicago the next Wednesday night having no idea what to expect. When […]
My son is a 14-year-old high school freshman with aspirations of playing baseball in college. In an effort to encourage him to read more on his own, I bought him a book about the life story of a famous major league baseball player for Christmas. I knew the basics of the well-known (by baseball followers) […]
Happy December! With the days counting down to Christmas, year-end and the impending buzz on the Fiscal Cliff, I just wanted to send you a brief message and direct you to a few of our posts that have received considerable attention, most likely because they relate to issues most near and dear to our own personal lives…college […]
5 Tricks to Save on Halloween Treats and Costumes Don’t let the cost of this year’s Halloween celebration scare you. Find out how to make costumes on the cheap and save a bundle on candy. Halloween is fun for both kids and adults. But with costumes, candy, and decorations to buy, the price for your […]
- 3 Ideas for This Lent Season March 4, 2014
- A Quintessential Rite of Passage…Your Teenager’s Visit to the DMV February 28, 2014
- Your Kid is Only One Bad Choice Away February 25, 2014
- ROTH VS. TRADITIONAL IRA…8 Important Comparisons February 21, 2014
- Mortgage Payment Hurts Retiree Options February 18, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Favorite Smart Phone Apps November 19, 2013
- office depot printable coupons: Hi, I do think this is a great site. I stumbledupo...
- Brad Rosley: Reverse mortgages have been around for over a deca...
- Mike Pensinger: Hey Brad, what are your thoughts on reverse mortga...
- 3 Mistakes to Avoid in Retirement | Life Planning Today: […] If you have not addressed this, you may ...
- 2013 Was a Memorable Year | Life Planning Today: […] A Season for Giving Thanks & Bonus F...