Today, I came across the article, 9 Things We Should Get Rid of to Help Our Kids, and could really relate to what the author had to say. After reading the article, I started to wonder if I’ve been a very good parent as of late. Below are the “9 things” from the article with my experiences and thoughts […]
Requirements include, but aren’t limited to: Strong knowledge of the Lego the Hobbit Video Game Basketball and outdoor sports skills Willingness to wrestle is a plus. Why not consider a MANNY? Also known as a child care provider who happens to be a young male. With more families entrusting young children to the care of […]
Last month our youngest son turned 16 and experienced that long awaited moment…he obtained his driver’s license! A euphoric experience for him, but frankly a somber reality for us as parents. Last week I wrote about the steps required to obtain a driver’s license and the responsibilities that accompany the privilege to drive a vehicle. […]
My youngest, who recently received his Driver’s License, going for a cruise… Driver Education In Illinois, most people under age 18 learn to drive in high school or at a commercial driver training school licensed by the Secretary of State’s office. Commercial driver training schools in the Chicagoland area include Top Driver, Michael’s Driving School […]
Last week, I had the opportunity to listen to Chris Herren, former NBA basketball player, speak at Glenbard High School’s Parent Speaker Night on substance abuse. One word – riveting. As a father of teenagers, this presentation was especially timely. It should never have happened to him, just like it should never happen to your […]
When I went to college ( U. Of Iowa) the out-of-state cost was around $5,000. Four years and $20,000 or so later I and was done (thanks again mom and dad for paying). My first salaried job paid me $19,500, or almost the equivalent of what my four-year Big Ten school education cost. For the […]
Yes, I am living vicariously through my son, Jake’s, youth baseball career. It’s been a fun, interesting, and at times an exasperating experience so far. Did I mention, expensive? We just spent the past five days in Ft. Myers as he traveled with a special group of players representing Bo Jackson’s Elite team in a […]
Kids have always been sponges when it comes to learning from their parents. As an adult, I can reflect on what I learned from my mom and dad. I admit (and am proud of) that I’m a lot like they were/are. Unfortunately, I’ve spoiled my kids more than I should have and am paying the […]
With students entering into the final stretch of the spring semester many are still contemplating their options for employment this summer. Many students are still looking to land a summer internship. Although many young adults have already solidified their plans for the summer, many are still looking for the opportunity to land a summer internship. […]
Reconnecting With The Past About 22 years ago, I was asked by a girl I liked if I would volunteer to tutor a child from the Cabrini Green area. I said “ok” and went to the Fourth Presbyterian Church on Michigan Avenue in Chicago the next Wednesday night having no idea what to expect. When […]
- Halftime Investment & Economic Report (Video) July 22, 2014
- High Gas Prices Cripple Economy July 16, 2014
- 60 July 9, 2014
- The Red, White & Best Blogs of 2014 July 2, 2014
- Recycle, Restore, Renew. Repurpose, Retreasure, Refurbish. June 26, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- Johne294: Wow! This could be one particular of the most usef...
- J. Rosley: Nice article. Every one should work off a budget a...
- 60 | Life Planning Today: […] Or, it’s possible they haven̵...
- a: Spot on with this write-up, I actually think this ...
- Have you been a good parent lately? | Life Planning Today: […] No credit cards allowed! This one is a w...