With students entering into the final stretch of the spring semester many are still contemplating their options for employment this summer. Many students are still looking to land a summer internship. Although many young adults have already solidified their plans for the summer, many are still looking for the opportunity to land a summer internship. [...]
Reconnecting With The Past About 22 years ago, I was asked by a girl I liked if I would volunteer to tutor a child from the Cabrini Green area. I said “ok” and went to the Fourth Presbyterian Church on Michigan Avenue in Chicago the next Wednesday night having no idea what to expect. When [...]
My son is a 14-year-old high school freshman with aspirations of playing baseball in college. In an effort to encourage him to read more on his own, I bought him a book about the life story of a famous major league baseball player for Christmas. I knew the basics of the well-known (by baseball followers) [...]
Happy December! With the days counting down to Christmas, year-end and the impending buzz on the Fiscal Cliff, I just wanted to send you a brief message and direct you to a few of our posts that have received considerable attention, most likely because they relate to issues most near and dear to our own personal lives…college [...]
5 Tricks to Save on Halloween Treats and Costumes Don’t let the cost of this year’s Halloween celebration scare you. Find out how to make costumes on the cheap and save a bundle on candy. Halloween is fun for both kids and adults. But with costumes, candy, and decorations to buy, the price for your [...]
Great Article Link Below – What’s your opinion? http://glenellyn.patch.com/articles/jeff-ward-club-sports-prey-on-parents-fantasies My wife, Soni and I have two daughters playing travel soccer and one son that plays travel baseball. With the money we have paid for them to be involved in these activities we probably could have afforded a down payment on a small condo in Chicago! [...]
5 Tips to Help High School, College Grads or Anyone Build Credit As many of you are that proud parent and attend graduation for your precious child or relative you may not be contemplating how they are going to survive in the real world. Soon reality sets in. Even if you learned the ACT, [...]
What would it cost for just one year if your child went to a Big Ten school today (my son, Jake, is four years away). The prices below are accurate if your child were going to school today. If your child is still 12 years away, the projected annual cost should double. If your child [...]
5 Things to Consider When Choosing A College With college application season fast approaching you have certainly been given advice with respect on how to decide where to go and what your child should pursue. Some of the advice isn’t so obvious. Kiplinger magazine has released its Best Values List, measuring public universities by [...]
Save for College & Save Taxes HURRY UP to get this done before year-end! Get your IL 529 College Savings Plan contribution in before year end and get a write off on your IL Income Tax Return. There are two plans to choose from in IL (Bright Directions and Bright Start). I use Bright [...]
About Fortune Financial Group
Brad Rosley, CFP® and Ann Gunst, CFP®/CPA help their clients bridge the gap between financial success and living a life of fulfillment!
Have a Financial Question?
- Bond Prices at Nose-Bleed Levels – Public Jumps in With Both Feet May 14, 2013
- Obamacare – Pass on Insurance? – Train Wreck Coming May 1, 2013
- Why CFP® Certification Matters April 24, 2013
- Assault on Gold April 17, 2013
- SUMMER INTERNSHIP SEACH 2013! April 16, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Parenting – Should I Share This Story About a Recovering Drug Addict With My Teenager? February 4, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Post Election Economic and Investment Outlook November 15, 2012
- Do the Math – Big Ten Schools April 25, 2012
- insurance handbook for the medical office 11th edition workbook: Awesome things here. I am very happy to see your a...
- Brad Rosley: If someone were diagnosed with a bad (expensive to...
- mike jachec: The problem with not getting insurance is that if ...
- Brad Rosley: I'm not a CPAa, but I would guess the answer woul...
- Mel: "If your business is incorporated, you can deduct...