What a difference having a mortgage payment makes regarding your retirement plan affordability! Did you refinance your home loan for thirty years to take advantage of historically low mortgage rates? If so, you may be locked into a mortgage payment into your 60’s, 70’s or 80’s. Ouch! As you do your retirement planning, one of […]
For the past 30 years, interest rates have been moving down and bond prices have been going up. Now, interest rates are at a level when the best case is they “stay flat” as there is not much room to go any lower. With the low-interest rates that bonds offer these days the return proposition […]
Commencing on November 15, 2011 FHFA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac introduced major changes to the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP). In an effort to attract more eligible borrowers who can benefit from refinancing their home mortgage. This program is a major effort to assist homeowners to refinance to historic low mortgage rates EVEN WHEN […]
WEIGHING THE PROS AND CONS OF A SHORTER TERM LOAN Lending rates are at a 60 year low and many homeowners are taking advantage of the one bright light in this tough economy. However one somewhat surprising trend that has evolved is that many borrowers are applying for 15 year refinancing loans versus the conventional […]
- How Long Has It Been Since You Rehabbed Your Home? April 23, 2014
- Why Retirees Would Want Life Insurance April 22, 2014
- What’s your Tax Freedom Day? April 15, 2014
- What are Some Measures You Can Take to Protect Against Inflation? April 11, 2014
- Coming to Grips With One’s Own Mortality April 8, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- yahoo.com: Usually I don't read post on blogs, but I wish to...
- One Step Toward Affordable Healthcare for Startups (and the Rest of Us): […] a comprehensive health plan isn’t insu...
- Chris Flohr: Thanks for the great blog post! Dealing with the ...
- Brad Rosley: Glad you like it, thanks for sharing....
- Deanna: This blog is not only inspirational but also passe...