A basic tenant of personal finance that can dramatically improve your money life is having a cash emergency fund. It sounds so fundamental: put away some money for a rainy day. Yet so many people don’t do it. Perhaps because they don’t have a solid answer to a simple question: Why? It’s especially important for […]
In these tough economic times you may find yourself in a situation you did not contemplate; without employment. It is not a time to panic but a time to strategize. Decisions that you make in the wake of a job layoff can have a long-term financial impact. Although the circumstances of your layoff can present […]
- Does 4% Retirement Rule Make Sense For You Today? October 22, 2014
- How Much is Enough? October 15, 2014
- Beware of October’s Spooks and Scares October 1, 2014
- Have You Had “The Talk”? September 24, 2014
- Money vs. Memories: The Cost of Being Too Frugal September 16, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Mike Pensinger: Wow! I knew we are extremely lucky to be living i...
- Scott Blumenshine: Wow. Good information to keep things in perspectiv...
- Brad Rosley: Thank you....
- Mathew: Very nice post. I just stumbled upoon you blog and...
- Brad: Classic guy behavior for many of us....