The U.S. stock market just had a terrific first quarter. The S&P 500 index was up 10.0% over the past three months. My client portfolios were not up that much because they also own many other investment asset classes that didn’t advance nearly as much. For example, the bond market was flat for the quarter, [...]
Getting older just kind of happens. The next thing you know you’ve hit 50 and can’t believe you are that old. I won’t be there for another year, but already feel that way, especially when my son reminds me that I have been out of high school for over THIRTY YEARS! Many of my clients [...]
Last week, I was shaken when I heard about the tragic death of a Glen Ellyn acquaintance that lost a two-year battle to cancer. The death of this fine man, husband and father hit home not only because he had lived a few blocks away, but he was also my age, 48, and had three [...]
Financial Planners are for Everyone “Failing to plan is planning to fail.” – John Wooden” It was recently brought to my attention that many people think that only “rich” people have financial adviser’s. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If your family income is over $100,000/year or you are retired with investments of $200,000 [...]
When Romney Wins – Then What? Since Mr. Romney is well positioned to win the presidential election, I’ll take a few minutes to explain what I think might happen if Governor Romney is elected the 44th President of the United States. If Republicans also win both houses of Congress, expect there to be quite a [...]
I have just written my first EBook. The concept is simple: read about the nine ways I invest my money and advise my clients to invest theirs so they can minimize or avoid paying tax altogether. I think income tax rates will eventually go higher, meaning it will be wise to invest in vehicles that [...]
1. Wake Up By that I mean, are you aware that college prices have skyrocketed the past 20 years? If my three kids went to the University of Iowa for four years beginning next year, the total cost would be roughly $500,000! Holy Cow!!!! Unfortunately, many parents have their heads in the sand until their [...]
About Fortune Financial Group
Brad Rosley, CFP® and Ann Gunst, CFP®/CPA help their clients bridge the gap between financial success and living a life of fulfillment!
Have a Financial Question?
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Dont look now, but interest rates have started to rise… June 18, 2013
- Is the Sky Falling as Bond Prices Tumble? June 12, 2013
- Are upcoming health plans for you? June 11, 2013
- Why I Prefer Stocks to Bonds June 5, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Do the Math – Big Ten Schools April 25, 2012
- Post Election Economic and Investment Outlook November 15, 2012
- Parenting – Should I Share This Story About a Recovering Drug Addict With My Teenager? February 4, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- insurance handbook for the medical office 11th edition workbook: Awesome things here. I am very happy to see your a...
- Brad Rosley: If someone were diagnosed with a bad (expensive to...
- mike jachec: The problem with not getting insurance is that if ...
- Brad Rosley: I'm not a CPAa, but I would guess the answer woul...
- Mel: "If your business is incorporated, you can deduct...