As a kid, I dreamed of being “a millionaire”. I figured I would be a professional athlete and make $100,000 per year, buy a mansion for my family to live in and be famous. Back then, (early 1970′s) it was a BIG DEAL to earn $100k in a year. Pete Rose, the all-time baseball hit […]
I got a call from a panicking client last week regarding the drop in his account value. I told him bond prices have been headed down. “What about stocks”? he asked. Whoops, I thought when stocks went down, bonds were supposed to go up in value to offset the stock loss. Lately, that has not […]
Investors continued to pour money into stocks last week, but piled even more cash into bonds, as exchange-traded funds made up of bonds saw their biggest weekly fund inflow on record. Even as the stock market rallied, taxable bond ETFs drew in a one-week record of $4.49 billion, led by an all-time high weekly take […]
Yes, I am referring to you. My favorite retirement savings vehicle is the Roth IRA and you may be wise to use it. There are 3 ways to fund a Roth IRA. 1. FRONT-DOOR Roth Contribution – Contribute directly if – Married family income under $173,000 (phased out to $183,000) A Roth IRA is funded […]
Well the first several days after the election has seen the stock market drop by five percent, leaving those that follow our nation’s fiscal situation feeling uneasy. I feel the same way as I have been yelling from the tallest tower (or at least my weekly blog) that our government spending is out of control […]
Better Safe than Sorry In light of all that is going on in the world, I thought this would be a very good time to share my investment and economic lookout for the near future. I am currently more defensive minded than usual and have made sure that my client portfolios reflect that (most portfolios […]
- 3 Ideas for This Lent Season March 4, 2014
- A Quintessential Rite of Passage…Your Teenager’s Visit to the DMV February 28, 2014
- Your Kid is Only One Bad Choice Away February 25, 2014
- ROTH VS. TRADITIONAL IRA…8 Important Comparisons February 21, 2014
- Mortgage Payment Hurts Retiree Options February 18, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Favorite Smart Phone Apps November 19, 2013
- landscaping images: I relish, lead to I discovered exactly what I was ...
- office depot printable coupons: Hi, I do think this is a great site. I stumbledupo...
- Brad Rosley: Reverse mortgages have been around for over a deca...
- Mike Pensinger: Hey Brad, what are your thoughts on reverse mortga...
- 3 Mistakes to Avoid in Retirement | Life Planning Today: […] If you have not addressed this, you may ...