60. The minutes in an hour, the year JFK was elected as president, the millions Joakim Noah is paid in his 5 year contract with the Chicago Bulls, and the percent of Americans who have admitted to not having a personal financial budget (NFCC survey). Oddly enough, 100 million U.S. adults have also admitted that not having […]
Insurance is one of those areas where even financially bright people often make poor decisions. I think the media is partially at fault and the resources people use for guidance might not be very helpful. Keep in mind that what is prudent for many (the median family income is about $50k) people is not necessarily prudent […]
If you have a desire to leave money for your spouse or kids, life insurance is the best asset to leave them. Notice I said “asset,” not “investment.” At death, don’t investments morph into just another asset? I think so and I try to convey this to my clients. Life insurance is not an investment, […]
The morning after: 3 things you should do in the face of a natural disaster Millions of homeowners in the Northeast woke up today and confronted the specter of flooded structures, fallen trees and other serious property damage. Last year’s Hurricane Irene clocked in as the fifth most expensive hurricane in history, with $19 billion […]
It pays to review your homeowners insurance policy. Insurance is part of everybody’s financial plan. I recently received a bill for my Allstate homeowner’s insurance for $1,734. I pay this premium annually and don’t usually think twice about it as I drop the check in the mail. This time, I decided to call Allstate and […]
- Money vs. Memories: The Cost of Being Too Frugal September 16, 2014
- Don’t Just Show Up September 12, 2014
- Tragedy in Our Community September 6, 2014
- Does the American Dream Make Cents? September 3, 2014
- Jack of Many Trades, Master of None…Completing a Triathlon August 29, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Mike Pensinger: I weirdly struggle with my frugality (cheapness) s...
- Dave Ogdon: Yikes Ann, Most of the 12 little known facts ar...
- Why CFP® Certification Matters | Life Planning Today: […] Who is Your Financial Planner? […]...
- Chicago Finances in BIG TROUBLE- The Blue State Reckoning | Life Planning Today: […] Free EBook – Pay Tax Once and be Done ...
- Some Memories are Priceless | Life Planning Today: […] My Dr.’s Office Experience (READ TIME:...