60. The minutes in an hour, the year JFK was elected as president, the millions Joakim Noah is paid in his 5 year contract with the Chicago Bulls, and the percent of Americans who have admitted to not having a personal financial budget (NFCC survey). Oddly enough, 100 million U.S. adults have also admitted that not having […]
This is the time of year you will hear much about IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts) This is because an IRA contribution is the last tax deduction you can still create for your 2012 tax return to make a pretax IRA contribution (provided that you not eligible for another form of retirement saving, ect 401k defined benefit […]
Get Life Planning Today delivered by email Featured Article from Jeff Singer CPA It would be an understatement to say that planning in today’s environment is challenging. We hear about the ominous fiscal cliff and the unwanted effects of sequestration. Our leaders believe they can reach a common ground to get an effective plan […]
Are You Missing Out? I have saved $23,000 and counting thanks to a great option I have taken advantage of with my medical insurance! In 2003, individuals, families, employers and employees were allowed to make tax deductible contributions into a special account known as a Health Savings Account (HSA). In order to be eligible for […]
The Line in the Sand President Obama: “The private sector is doing fine,” President Obama said at a press conference on Friday, 6/8. “Where we’re seeing weaknesses in our economy, have to do with state and local government – often times, cuts initiated by governors or mayors who are not getting […]
The number one reason I contribute to a Roth 401(k ) rather than a traditional 401(k) is that I am protecting myself from a confiscatory (taxes) government. Our Government is on pace to go belly up thanks in large part to entitlement programs out of control costs. I believe there is a good chance that […]
Its tax time!!! Almost as exciting as cleaning out your sock drawer, it’s time to start planning for any year end strategies that will minimize your 2011 tax bill. The ultimate goal: take actions in the next several weeks that will cement money saving deductions and credits when you ultimately file your 2011 tax return. […]
October 15th is the day that quarterly tax payments are due for those that file estimated income tax so it seems fitting to comment on the latest tax news. Warren Buffett has made news suggesting tax rates are not high enough. One of the richest men in the world, Mr. Buffet says income taxpayers (only 50% of Americans […]
- Money vs. Memories: The Cost of Being Too Frugal September 16, 2014
- Don’t Just Show Up September 12, 2014
- Tragedy in Our Community September 6, 2014
- Does the American Dream Make Cents? September 3, 2014
- Jack of Many Trades, Master of None…Completing a Triathlon August 29, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Brad: Classic guy behavior for many of us....
- Mike Pensinger: I weirdly struggle with my frugality (cheapness) s...
- Dave Ogdon: Yikes Ann, Most of the 12 little known facts ar...
- Why CFP® Certification Matters | Life Planning Today: […] Who is Your Financial Planner? […]...
- Chicago Finances in BIG TROUBLE- The Blue State Reckoning | Life Planning Today: […] Free EBook – Pay Tax Once and be Done ...