This is the time of year you will hear much about IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts) This is because an IRA contribution is the last tax deduction you can still create for your 2012 tax return to make a pretax IRA contribution (provided that you not eligible for another form of retirement saving, ect 401k defined benefit […]
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (Dow) closed just above its peak 5 ½ years ago, but as you will see below much has changed over that time. The Last Time The Dow Was Here (Oct. 2007) vs. Today: Dow Jones Industrial Average: Then 14164.5; Now 14253 Regular Gas Price: Then $2.75; Now $3.73 GDP […]
My son is a 14-year-old high school freshman with aspirations of playing baseball in college. In an effort to encourage him to read more on his own, I bought him a book about the life story of a famous major league baseball player for Christmas. I knew the basics of the well-known (by baseball followers) […]
Avoiding life’s big financial planning mistakes is not hard if you plan well. Financial planning, however, takes a backseat to day-to-day living for many people and this is where the potential problems creep in. Here is a list of five key planning issues that everyone should address: 1. Not Enough Liquid Savings Having plenty […]
Happy December! With the days counting down to Christmas, year-end and the impending buzz on the Fiscal Cliff, I just wanted to send you a brief message and direct you to a few of our posts that have received considerable attention, most likely because they relate to issues most near and dear to our own personal lives…college […]
Get Life Planning Today delivered by email Featured Article from Jeff Singer CPA It would be an understatement to say that planning in today’s environment is challenging. We hear about the ominous fiscal cliff and the unwanted effects of sequestration. Our leaders believe they can reach a common ground to get an effective plan […]
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing tax saving strategies for you and your family and friends to fight back and keep more of your hard-earned money. As I write this, there is uncertainty about what will happen with the schedule tax increases and federal spending cuts. While federal tax planning in up in […]
Financial Planners are for Everyone “Failing to plan is planning to fail.” – John Wooden” It was recently brought to my attention that many people think that only “rich” people have financial adviser’s. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If your family income is over $100,000/year or you are retired with investments of $200,000 […]
The morning after: 3 things you should do in the face of a natural disaster Millions of homeowners in the Northeast woke up today and confronted the specter of flooded structures, fallen trees and other serious property damage. Last year’s Hurricane Irene clocked in as the fifth most expensive hurricane in history, with $19 billion […]
Sure, the upcoming will election results will have some impact on your financial future, but nowhere near as much as the everyday spending/saving decisions you make. By now, you have probably concluded that you cannot count on investment returns to propel you to sudden wealth or even a financially secure future. It’s a shame that […]
- It’s Never Too Early May 12, 2015
- My Mother, My Idol May 7, 2015
- What Matters Most April 29, 2015
- Left Alone, Many Individuals Are Horrible Investors April 22, 2015
- And the Winner is? Active vs. Passive Investing April 21, 2015
- Shut Up and Take My Money January 13, 2015
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- “Cameron Frye, This One’s for You!” March 31, 2014
- Mike Pensinger: It's studies like this that emphasize the importa...
- Brad Rosley: Hi Victor, glad you liked it. sign up for the week...
- Victor Rojas: Brad Excellent post, I'll follow your technique ...
- Brad Rosley: Thanks for sharing Steve. I learned quite a bit fr...
- Steve Groenier: Great story Brad. I remember road trips with my fa...