Fiscal Cliff – Republican’s Punt to the Democrats House Speaker Boehner called off a vote on a Bill that would have maintained most of the current tax rates (except for $1 million wage earners). Apparently, it may not have had enough votes to pass. Fiscally conservative House members are not planning to vote for a […]
Yes, I am referring to you. My favorite retirement savings vehicle is the Roth IRA and you may be wise to use it. There are 3 ways to fund a Roth IRA. 1. FRONT-DOOR Roth Contribution – Contribute directly if – Married family income under $173,000 (phased out to $183,000) A Roth IRA is funded […]
Brad Rosley, CFP® & Ann Gunst, CPA, CFP® will be presenting strategies to help investors keep more of what they earn and the federal tax laws are set to change. “It’s not what you make, but what you keep that counts.” Space is limited. Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2012 Time: 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM […]
Get Life Planning Today delivered by email Featured Article from Jeff Singer CPA It would be an understatement to say that planning in today’s environment is challenging. We hear about the ominous fiscal cliff and the unwanted effects of sequestration. Our leaders believe they can reach a common ground to get an effective plan […]
Well the first several days after the election has seen the stock market drop by five percent, leaving those that follow our nation’s fiscal situation feeling uneasy. I feel the same way as I have been yelling from the tallest tower (or at least my weekly blog) that our government spending is out of control […]
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing tax saving strategies for you and your family and friends to fight back and keep more of your hard-earned money. As I write this, there is uncertainty about what will happen with the schedule tax increases and federal spending cuts. While federal tax planning in up in […]
The voters spoke. The number of people dependent on the federal government (our tax $$) to pay some or all of their way will continue to grow. Wage and investment income earners will be asked to pay thousands of dollars in additional taxes ($3,500+ average per family) annually to allow this to continue to happen […]
When Romney Wins – Then What? Since Mr. Romney is well positioned to win the presidential election, I’ll take a few minutes to explain what I think might happen if Governor Romney is elected the 44th President of the United States. If Republicans also win both houses of Congress, expect there to be quite a […]
CLICK Here to Get Life Planning Today Blog Updates Emailed to you Congress Signs Deal: What does the Fiscal Cliff Deal Mean to Your Income Taxes? MERRY CLIFF MESS Several clients and Glen Ellyn neighbors have asked me about the “Fiscal Cliff” lately so I have decided to blog about it. I have also included […]
- “Return on Life” March 25, 2015
- All You Have To Do Is Ask March 17, 2015
- Super Strong Dollar Not Good for Foreign Investments March 12, 2015
- Is Ignorance Bliss? March 3, 2015
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? February 24, 2015
- Shut Up and Take My Money January 13, 2015
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Brad Rosley: It's not hard. It's free to set up via wordpress...
- Bless Jerusalem Today: Hi there excellent blog! Does running a blog simil...
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? | Life Planning Today: […] is that you leave nothing from the money...
- One Powerful Financial Move for Kids | Life Planning Today: […] Take Advantage of Tax-free Roth IRA [...
- Illinois and Greece, Two of a Kind? | Life Planning Today: […] Chicago Finances in BIG TROUBLE- The Blu...