This is the time of year you will hear much about IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts) This is because an IRA contribution is the last tax deduction you can still create for your 2012 tax return to make a pretax IRA contribution (provided that you not eligible for another form of retirement saving, ect 401k defined benefit [...]
Avoiding life’s big financial planning mistakes is not hard if you plan well. Financial planning, however, takes a backseat to day-to-day living for many people and this is where the potential problems creep in. Here is a list of five key planning issues that everyone should address: 1. Not Enough Liquid Savings Having plenty [...]
Happy December! With the days counting down to Christmas, year-end and the impending buzz on the Fiscal Cliff, I just wanted to send you a brief message and direct you to a few of our posts that have received considerable attention, most likely because they relate to issues most near and dear to our own personal lives…college [...]
Get Life Planning Today delivered by email Featured Article from Jeff Singer CPA It would be an understatement to say that planning in today’s environment is challenging. We hear about the ominous fiscal cliff and the unwanted effects of sequestration. Our leaders believe they can reach a common ground to get an effective plan [...]
Financial Planners are for Everyone “Failing to plan is planning to fail.” – John Wooden” It was recently brought to my attention that many people think that only “rich” people have financial adviser’s. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If your family income is over $100,000/year or you are retired with investments of $200,000 [...]
The morning after: 3 things you should do in the face of a natural disaster Millions of homeowners in the Northeast woke up today and confronted the specter of flooded structures, fallen trees and other serious property damage. Last year’s Hurricane Irene clocked in as the fifth most expensive hurricane in history, with $19 billion [...]
Sure, the upcoming will election results will have some impact on your financial future, but nowhere near as much as the everyday spending/saving decisions you make. By now, you have probably concluded that you cannot count on investment returns to propel you to sudden wealth or even a financially secure future. It’s a shame that [...]
5 Tricks to Save on Halloween Treats and Costumes Don’t let the cost of this year’s Halloween celebration scare you. Find out how to make costumes on the cheap and save a bundle on candy. Halloween is fun for both kids and adults. But with costumes, candy, and decorations to buy, the price for your [...]
October is a strange month for shopping, since we’re now within a stone’s throw of the biggest shopping event of the year: Black Friday. You might want to put off most purchases until the attention-grabbing deals start flowing in next month. But now that you have finally filed your extended tax return and are anticipating [...]
About Fortune Financial Group
Brad Rosley, CFP® and Ann Gunst, CFP®/CPA help their clients bridge the gap between financial success and living a life of fulfillment!
Have a Financial Question?
- Dont look now, but interest rates have started to rise… June 18, 2013
- Is the Sky Falling as Bond Prices Tumble? June 12, 2013
- Are upcoming health plans for you? June 11, 2013
- Why I Prefer Stocks to Bonds June 5, 2013
- Live Like You Were Dying May 28, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Parenting – Should I Share This Story About a Recovering Drug Addict With My Teenager? February 4, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Do the Math – Big Ten Schools April 25, 2012
- Post Election Economic and Investment Outlook November 15, 2012
- insurance handbook for the medical office 11th edition workbook: Awesome things here. I am very happy to see your a...
- Brad Rosley: If someone were diagnosed with a bad (expensive to...
- mike jachec: The problem with not getting insurance is that if ...
- Brad Rosley: I'm not a CPAa, but I would guess the answer woul...
- Mel: "If your business is incorporated, you can deduct...