A basic tenant of personal finance that can dramatically improve your money life is having a cash emergency fund. Its sounds so fundamental: put away some money for a rainy day. Yet so many people don’t do it. Perhaps because they don’t have a solid answer to a simple question: Why? It’s especially important for [...]
With students entering into the final stretch of the spring semester many are still contemplating their options for employment this summer. Many students are still looking to land a summer internship. Although many young adults have already solidified their plans for the summer, many are still looking for the opportunity to land a summer internship. [...]
This is the time of year you will hear much about IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts) This is because an IRA contribution is the last tax deduction you can still create for your 2012 tax return to make a pretax IRA contribution (provided that you not eligible for another form of retirement saving, ect 401k defined benefit [...]
Unfortunately September signals the end of summer and back to work!!! A silver lining means getting back to focus. One of those items on the “to do” list is finding the best shopping tips…here are a few for you Cozy up to bedding deals For the past two years, deals have been strong in September for [...]
As the summer winds down, many of us face the challenge of sending our darling children back to the classroom. Many of you have kids that are about to take the big step that occurs after high school…College. College sticker prices these days can match the price tag on a high end automobile. But there’s [...]
Everyone knows that a baby-pink ribbon is for breast cancer awareness. But what about a baby-blue ribbon? Did you know it’s for prostate awareness? Men’s health tends to take a back seat in our society. But men are just like women – when they put off doctor visits and health screenings, their whole families can [...]
Interest rates and financing rates are at record low levels. How can you take advantage of an opportune situation? A great start is to clean up your credit history. A few great steps to doing so: 1. Get negatives erased from your credit history While you should always keep an eye on your credit score, [...]
5 Things to Consider When Choosing A College With college application season fast approaching you have certainly been given advice with respect on how to decide where to go and what your child should pursue. Some of the advice isn’t so obvious. Kiplinger magazine has released its Best Values List, measuring public universities by [...]
Serious about getting financially fit in 2012? Initially get rid of any hazy promises. Sit down and make a list about exactly what you want to achieve. Designate something you can do each month, starting with your intended spending habits in each month to get your budget and savings plan on track. Here’s how you [...]
It was estimated that last year people donated more than $211 billion to charity. While the sizeable estimate leaves no question that Americans are generous it less clear how careful we are about giving. Listed are four helpful hints to ensure your hard-earned money ends up in its intended place: 1. Be skeptical of cash [...]
About Fortune Financial Group
Brad Rosley, CFP® and Ann Gunst, CFP®/CPA help their clients bridge the gap between financial success and living a life of fulfillment!
Have a Financial Question?
- A softer landing for life’s unexpected hiccups May 21, 2013
- Bond Prices at Nose-Bleed Levels – Public Jumps in With Both Feet May 14, 2013
- Obamacare – Pass on Insurance? – Train Wreck Coming May 1, 2013
- Why CFP® Certification Matters April 24, 2013
- Assault on Gold April 17, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Do the Math – Big Ten Schools April 25, 2012
- Parenting – Should I Share This Story About a Recovering Drug Addict With My Teenager? February 4, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Post Election Economic and Investment Outlook November 15, 2012
- insurance handbook for the medical office 11th edition workbook: Awesome things here. I am very happy to see your a...
- Brad Rosley: If someone were diagnosed with a bad (expensive to...
- mike jachec: The problem with not getting insurance is that if ...
- Brad Rosley: I'm not a CPAa, but I would guess the answer woul...
- Mel: "If your business is incorporated, you can deduct...