With CD’s paying next to nothing, we need some creative ideas to generate more income during retirement… Most of us have a notion on what a “pension” is, as you or someone you know may be fortunate enough to have one. A pension is a stream of payments for a specified period of time. As […]
There are a lucky 13 days remaining in 2014 it’s not too late to consider at least one of these financially savvy ideas: Taxing matters If you’re paying estimated taxes, now would be a good time to review your payments, especially if you had a big change in income from the prior year, Estimated […]
Yesterday we lost a Chicago Political Icon, Judy Barr Topinka. Today the Chicago Sun Times succinctly described Judy as “a brash, colorful, plain speaking, competent, energetic product of Chicago’s near western suburbs.” Irrespective of your political alliance, you have to have to admit we lost a Chicago treasure. Please refer to the provided link to […]
You have many options to fix up your finances, but these will have a significant impact: Cut your housing costs. These add up to about 33% of the average family’s budget. Refinance your mortgage to a lower interest rate if possible, increase the deductible on your home insurance, even consider moving to a location with […]
This is a guest post by Elisa Niesen and Lynne Gerding, Realtors and Renovators based in Naperville, IL, www.elisaandlynnehomes.com. Spring has finally SPRUNG and if you’re from the Midwest then I’m sure you were as miserable as we were! Every year it is a time of preparation and a revival of the old to make things new. We couldn’t think […]
Last month our youngest son turned 16 and experienced that long awaited moment…he obtained his driver’s license! A euphoric experience for him, but frankly a somber reality for us as parents. Last week I wrote about the steps required to obtain a driver’s license and the responsibilities that accompany the privilege to drive a vehicle. […]
When the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act starts rolling out in October, it will overhaul how Americans get health care coverage. You will find yourself in a maze of different options. I came across this article in the Sunday Chicago Tribune this past Sunday. Hopefully it may be a start to assist you in […]
With students entering into the final stretch of the spring semester many are still contemplating their options for employment this summer. Many students are still looking to land a summer internship. Although many young adults have already solidified their plans for the summer, many are still looking for the opportunity to land a summer internship. […]
This is the time of year you will hear much about IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts) This is because an IRA contribution is the last tax deduction you can still create for your 2012 tax return to make a pretax IRA contribution (provided that you not eligible for another form of retirement saving, ect 401k defined benefit […]
As the summer winds down, many of us face the challenge of sending our darling children back to the classroom. Many of you have kids that are about to take the big step that occurs after high school…College. College sticker prices these days can match the price tag on a high end automobile. But there’s […]
- It’s Never Too Early May 12, 2015
- My Mother, My Idol May 7, 2015
- What Matters Most April 29, 2015
- Left Alone, Many Individuals Are Horrible Investors April 22, 2015
- And the Winner is? Active vs. Passive Investing April 21, 2015
- Shut Up and Take My Money January 13, 2015
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- “Cameron Frye, This One’s for You!” March 31, 2014
- Mike Pensinger: It's studies like this that emphasize the importa...
- Brad Rosley: Hi Victor, glad you liked it. sign up for the week...
- Victor Rojas: Brad Excellent post, I'll follow your technique ...
- Brad Rosley: Thanks for sharing Steve. I learned quite a bit fr...
- Steve Groenier: Great story Brad. I remember road trips with my fa...