Roth vs. Traditional IRA 8 Important Comparisons Deciding which retirement account type may fit your needs is an important step in retirement planning. The comparisons below provide an overview of the differences between the Traditional and Roth IRAs which may be a good resource for you. Remember…the Contribution Deadline for the 2013 Tax Year is […]
We all know that the U.S. Government is $17 trillion in debt and has made trillions of dollars in Entitlement promises for which it has no money to pay. Forgive me if I don’t trust politicians not to come after my hard earned income and savings with new or higher taxes in the future to […]
Last week, the stock market had its worst week in quite a while, including a 300 point sell off for the Dow. Is the next “correction“ finally underway for the market? When people talk to me about “the market,” why is it they usually mean the U.S. large company indexes? I guess they believe […]
In 2014, resolve not to “time the market”. “Time in the Market” is one key to long-term investment success. When you look at the chart below you will see just how bad retail (non-professional) investor’s performance is compared to what they could have made had they only been “buy and hold” investors. THE NUMBERS […]
Any retirement plan worth a grain of salt addresses the potential cost of long-term medical care. You or your spouse are very likely to need some sort of personal help getting along during retirement. Whether the help comes to your home or you live in an assisted living facility, the potential cost is VERY high. […]
Last weekend, I had the pleasure of going to the wedding for one of my childhood best friend’s daughter. This was my first wedding for a peer’s child and I guess it is just another milestone to indicate I am getting older. Does getting old stink? I guess in some ways it might, but in […]
When the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act starts rolling out in October, it will overhaul how Americans get health care coverage. You will find yourself in a maze of different options. I came across this article in the Sunday Chicago Tribune this past Sunday. Hopefully it may be a start to assist you in […]
For the past 30 years, interest rates have been moving down and bond prices have been going up. Now, interest rates are at a level when the best case is they “stay flat” as there is not much room to go any lower. With the low-interest rates that bonds offer these days the return proposition […]
Most people think all financial planners are “certified,” but this isn’t true. Anyone can call himself a “financial planner.” Only those who have fulfilled the certification and renewal requirements of CFP Board can display the CFP® certification marks, which represent a high level of competency, ethics and professionalism. CFP Board’s Standards of Professional Conduct require […]
With students entering into the final stretch of the spring semester many are still contemplating their options for employment this summer. Many students are still looking to land a summer internship. Although many young adults have already solidified their plans for the summer, many are still looking for the opportunity to land a summer internship. […]
- Halftime Investment & Economic Report (Video) July 22, 2014
- High Gas Prices Cripple Economy July 16, 2014
- 60 July 9, 2014
- The Red, White & Best Blogs of 2014 July 2, 2014
- Recycle, Restore, Renew. Repurpose, Retreasure, Refurbish. June 26, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- Johne294: Wow! This could be one particular of the most usef...
- J. Rosley: Nice article. Every one should work off a budget a...
- 60 | Life Planning Today: […] Or, it’s possible they haven̵...
- a: Spot on with this write-up, I actually think this ...
- Have you been a good parent lately? | Life Planning Today: […] No credit cards allowed! This one is a w...