With CD’s paying next to nothing, we need some creative ideas to generate more income during retirement… Most of us have a notion on what a “pension” is, as you or someone you know may be fortunate enough to have one. A pension is a stream of payments for a specified period of time. As […]
Over the past several years, most of the clients that I have advised to purchase life insurance are retired and have no dependent need. The insurance has greatly helped their retirement spending and legacy plan. The only thing that would have been better is if they would have had the foresight to procure the permanent […]
Turn $500/Year into $500,000! I recently created Roth IRA’s for my kids and put $500 into each account. With a little guidance from me, the kids will each choose to become stock owners of one company. Going forward I will encourage them to save by matching what they contribute to the account and am hopeful […]
There are a lucky 13 days remaining in 2014 it’s not too late to consider at least one of these financially savvy ideas: Taxing matters If you’re paying estimated taxes, now would be a good time to review your payments, especially if you had a big change in income from the prior year, Estimated […]
“The Talk” I’m not referring to “the talk” with your teenage children about sex, but rather the “parent and adult children talk” about the parent’s estate plan. Have you had this conversation? Most people have not. My sister Lori is coming to town this weekend from Washington for a high school reunion and we are finally […]
This week we heard of the devastating news of the passing of Robin Williams. Although there is complete sorrow in the loss of an individual that literally touched the lives of millions of people, this article demonstrates how there were positive lessons learned by the way he conducted his life. This post, Robin Williams’ Estate […]
If you have a desire to leave money for your spouse or kids, life insurance is the best asset to leave them. Notice I said “asset,” not “investment.” At death, don’t investments morph into just another asset? I think so and I try to convey this to my clients. Life insurance is not an investment, […]
This is a guest post written by Clifford Holm, an attorney with Fuchs & Roselli, Ltd. www.frltd.com. In 1986, a budding Chicago philosopher looked us square in the eye and cautioned us all: “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Almost 30 years […]
One half of all adults do not have a will (there are not statistics regarding out-dated wills). The older we get, the more concerned we are with having this important document completed. I’m guessing most of my readers have a will, but I would also guess that it may have been drafted many years ago […]
Any retirement plan worth a grain of salt addresses the potential cost of long-term medical care. You or your spouse are very likely to need some sort of personal help getting along during retirement. Whether the help comes to your home or you live in an assisted living facility, the potential cost is VERY high. […]
- “Return on Life” March 25, 2015
- All You Have To Do Is Ask March 17, 2015
- Super Strong Dollar Not Good for Foreign Investments March 12, 2015
- Is Ignorance Bliss? March 3, 2015
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? February 24, 2015
- Shut Up and Take My Money January 13, 2015
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Brad Rosley: It's not hard. It's free to set up via wordpress...
- Bless Jerusalem Today: Hi there excellent blog! Does running a blog simil...
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? | Life Planning Today: […] is that you leave nothing from the money...
- One Powerful Financial Move for Kids | Life Planning Today: […] Take Advantage of Tax-free Roth IRA [...
- Illinois and Greece, Two of a Kind? | Life Planning Today: […] Chicago Finances in BIG TROUBLE- The Blu...