This is the time of year you will hear much about IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts) This is because an IRA contribution is the last tax deduction you can still create for your 2012 tax return to make a pretax IRA contribution (provided that you not eligible for another form of retirement saving, ect 401k defined benefit [...]
Chances are more than 50/50 that you will need help getting along later in life. The cost is prohibitive and someone (not Medicare) will pay the bills. Home health care is expensive and nursing home care is REALLY EXPENSIVE. The tab could be a few hundred thousand dollars! “Failing to Plan is Planning to [...]
Avoiding life’s big financial planning mistakes is not hard if you plan well. Financial planning, however, takes a backseat to day-to-day living for many people and this is where the potential problems creep in. Here is a list of five key planning issues that everyone should address: 1. Not Enough Liquid Savings Having plenty [...]
Last week, I was shaken when I heard about the tragic death of a Glen Ellyn acquaintance that lost a two-year battle to cancer. The death of this fine man, husband and father hit home not only because he had lived a few blocks away, but he was also my age, 48, and had three [...]
Yes, I am referring to you. My favorite retirement savings vehicle is the Roth IRA and you may be wise to use it. There are 3 ways to fund a Roth IRA. 1. FRONT-DOOR Roth Contribution – Contribute directly if – Married family income under $173,000 (phased out to $183,000) A Roth IRA is funded [...]
Brad Rosley, CFP® & Ann Gunst, CPA, CFP® will be presenting strategies to help investors keep more of what they earn and the federal tax laws are set to change. “It’s not what you make, but what you keep that counts.” Space is limited. Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2012 Time: 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM [...]
When Romney Wins – Then What? Since Mr. Romney is well positioned to win the presidential election, I’ll take a few minutes to explain what I think might happen if Governor Romney is elected the 44th President of the United States. If Republicans also win both houses of Congress, expect there to be quite a [...]
I talk with my mother nearly every day. She and my father raised me well and gave me all their love and caring while I was under their roof and mom still gives me her two cents today whether I want it or not. My father died 14 years ago and while that impacted my [...]
About Fortune Financial Group
Brad Rosley, CFP® and Ann Gunst, CFP®/CPA help their clients bridge the gap between financial success and living a life of fulfillment!
Have a Financial Question?
- A softer landing for life’s unexpected hiccups May 21, 2013
- Bond Prices at Nose-Bleed Levels – Public Jumps in With Both Feet May 14, 2013
- Obamacare – Pass on Insurance? – Train Wreck Coming May 1, 2013
- Why CFP® Certification Matters April 24, 2013
- Assault on Gold April 17, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Do the Math – Big Ten Schools April 25, 2012
- Parenting – Should I Share This Story About a Recovering Drug Addict With My Teenager? February 4, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Post Election Economic and Investment Outlook November 15, 2012
- insurance handbook for the medical office 11th edition workbook: Awesome things here. I am very happy to see your a...
- Brad Rosley: If someone were diagnosed with a bad (expensive to...
- mike jachec: The problem with not getting insurance is that if ...
- Brad Rosley: I'm not a CPAa, but I would guess the answer woul...
- Mel: "If your business is incorporated, you can deduct...