Good planning can make life easy on retirees. Unfortunately, many people wait longer than they should to start planning. If you are wondering where to start or what you should review read about these three key mistakes that you should want to avoid: 1. Investing only in bonds or CD’s to generate income. This mistake […]
My favorite time of the year is here. At Thanksgiving, we give thanks and gratitude for all the relationships and opportunities we are afforded while at Christmas we give thanks for Jesus Christ. What a great time! If you are anything like me you are too busy most of the time to focus on living […]
What did I ever do with all the time I waste looking at my phone? I can hardly keep up with the explosion of smart phone apps, can you? I know my smart phone apps have changed my life, my access to information and time-wasting games. I usually hear about great apps from other people […]
I believe most people in our area under the age of 60 are completely unprepared ( although most people aren’t aware of this) to maintain their lifestyle without their current income. What do you think? Not saving enough, starting too late and a lavish lifestyle (compared to our parents) are three major reasons you may […]
Yes, I am living vicariously through my son, Jake’s, youth baseball career. It’s been a fun, interesting, and at times an exasperating experience so far. Did I mention, expensive? We just spent the past five days in Ft. Myers as he traveled with a special group of players representing Bo Jackson’s Elite team in a […]
Any retirement plan worth a grain of salt addresses the potential cost of long-term medical care. You or your spouse are very likely to need some sort of personal help getting along during retirement. Whether the help comes to your home or you live in an assisted living facility, the potential cost is VERY high. […]
Kids have always been sponges when it comes to learning from their parents. As an adult, I can reflect on what I learned from my mom and dad. I admit (and am proud of) that I’m a lot like they were/are. Unfortunately, I’ve spoiled my kids more than I should have and am paying the […]
I spent the past two weeks in Canada and it was really nice to be away. The first week, I took Soni and our three kids to a family friendly fishing resort , 12 hours north with a beach and other activities. Unfortunately, the weather turned ugly and all but one day was chilly and […]
Last week, I wrote about some perks of getting older. Unfortunately, one of the most difficult things about getting older in facing death. Over the past couple weeks, four of my peers have lost their father. They were good men and thought well of by their son’s, wives, and everyone else that knew them. As […]
Last weekend, I had the pleasure of going to the wedding for one of my childhood best friend’s daughter. This was my first wedding for a peer’s child and I guess it is just another milestone to indicate I am getting older. Does getting old stink? I guess in some ways it might, but in […]
- 3 Mistakes to Avoid in Retirement December 10, 2013
- 6 Tax Moves to Consider Making in December December 3, 2013
- A Season for Giving Thanks & Bonus From Duck Dynasty Video November 26, 2013
- Favorite Smart Phone Apps November 19, 2013
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- 6 Tax Moves to Consider Making in December | Life Planning Today: […] For example – Seek Municipal Bonds...
- What if You Redirected College Savings? | Life Planning Today: […] 4 Expectations from President Obama’s ...
- One Step Toward Affordable Healthcare for Startups (and the Rest of Us) | We're Not Expecting Any Surprises: […] a comprehensive health plan isn’t insu...
- Edith: I love my scrabble ap, my duo lingo where I am lea...
- Brad Rosley: Thanks Ed, I'll be downloading Waze for the traff...