Several Steps to Prepare for an Awesome Triathlon As we head into the final weekend of the summer, I reflect back on the last several months. One of my proudest moments was completing a Sprint Triathlon with my daughter Haley. While much of the summer was focused on the actual training preparation, there were […]
Chevy Chase as Clark Griswold in the “Vacation” movie was one of the more memorable comedy films I can remember. Like the Griswold’s, our family has always embraced the “family road trip” and this year we took it to a new level by loading our three teenagers in our 2004 Sienna Minivan, which has over 145,000 […]
Happy International Left Handers Day! For all of you lefties out there, myself included, August 13th is your day. Although we comprise only approximately 10% of the population, we definitely leave quite an impact. I found this article interesting and thought you would as well. 12 Little-Known Facts About Left-Handers – Healthy Living Center – […]
Can you believe it is already July?! We are half way through 2014 and as the holiday weekend rolls in, I thought it would be interesting to take a look at the five most popular blogs so far this year. Interestingly, most of the top five have nothing to do with investing or retirement planning. It makes […]
As many of you may know, both my husband Randy and I have become orphans over the past three years. One of the many new processes we have been faced with is how to deal with the many tangible “treasures” that have been acquired for almost a century. A substantial number of these treasures found […]
Today, I came across the article, 9 Things We Should Get Rid of to Help Our Kids, and could really relate to what the author had to say. After reading the article, I started to wonder if I’ve been a very good parent as of late. Below are the “9 things” from the article with my experiences and thoughts […]
As another birthday comes and goes for me, I am reminded once again just how fast time flies. At this point, I struggle with conflicting things to focus my thoughts on. On the one hand: My kids are at the age where they want less and less to do with me. My joints ache a […]
This is a guest post written by Clifford Holm, an attorney with Fuchs & Roselli, Ltd. www.frltd.com. In 1986, a budding Chicago philosopher looked us square in the eye and cautioned us all: “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Almost 30 years […]
Q. When Should Your Kids Start Their Financial Planning? A. As soon as they have a job. WHEN DID YOU START SERIOUSLY PLANNING AND SAVING? Please share when you started in the reply area below article. One of the biggest regrets many of my new clients share with me is that they wish they […]
Great News: We have weathered the storm of the Great Recession of 2008 and 2009! Cautionary News: The possibilities for you to experience losses in your retirement portfolio due to factors that affect the overall performance of the financial markets continue to exist. This risk, defined as MARKET or SYSTEMATIC RISK IS VERY REAL. As […]
- Jack of Many Trades, Master of None…Completing a Triathlon August 29, 2014
- 700% Return! As S&P 500 Reaches New All-Time High of 2,000 August 27, 2014
- The Real Griswold’s “Quest for Fun” August 18, 2014
- Robin Williams’ Solid Estate Plan August 15, 2014
- Happy International Left Handers Day! August 13, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Dave Ogdon: Yikes Ann, Most of the 12 little known facts ar...
- Why CFP® Certification Matters | Life Planning Today: […] Who is Your Financial Planner? […]...
- Chicago Finances in BIG TROUBLE- The Blue State Reckoning | Life Planning Today: […] Free EBook – Pay Tax Once and be Done ...
- Some Memories are Priceless | Life Planning Today: […] My Dr.’s Office Experience (READ TIME:...
- 3 Ideas for This Lent Season | Life Planning Today: […] Pop – would be a great choice for many...