Last week, I had the opportunity to listen to Chris Herren, former NBA basketball player, speak at Glenbard High School’s Parent Speaker Night on substance abuse. One word – riveting. As a father of teenagers, this presentation was especially timely. It should never have happened to him, just like it should never happen to your […]
Roth vs. Traditional IRA 8 Important Comparisons Deciding which retirement account type may fit your needs is an important step in retirement planning. The comparisons below provide an overview of the differences between the Traditional and Roth IRAs which may be a good resource for you. Remember…the Contribution Deadline for the 2013 Tax Year is […]
We can either embrace change or ignore it, but you are missing out if you ignore it. Twitter is an adult app for people who like to read. In my effort to be your best financial resource, Twitter is my best friend. Be one of the first 10 people to follow @Fortune_FG and I’ll send […]
Eating a large quantity of wheat is a major reason for the belly you have today. Lose the wheat; lose the belly fat. Today’s wheat is not the wheat your grandparents ate. It is processed and has a very negative impact on your body and health. In this blog entry, you will discover how to […]
It has been a memorable year and I hope my blog (over 5,000 hits in 2014) has captured some of the moments that impacted our lives and will help us plan for the future. I’ll take this time to re-share my some of my most popular blogs from this year and for fun ask that […]
Good planning can make life easy on retirees. Unfortunately, many people wait longer than they should to start planning. If you are wondering where to start or what you should review read about these three key mistakes that you should want to avoid: 1. Investing only in bonds or CD’s to generate income. This mistake […]
My favorite time of the year is here. At Thanksgiving, we give thanks and gratitude for all the relationships and opportunities we are afforded while at Christmas we give thanks for Jesus Christ. What a great time! If you are anything like me you are too busy most of the time to focus on living […]
What did I ever do with all the time I waste looking at my phone? I can hardly keep up with the explosion of smart phone apps, can you? I know my smart phone apps have changed my life, my access to information and time-wasting games. I usually hear about great apps from other people […]
I believe most people in our area under the age of 60 are completely unprepared ( although most people aren’t aware of this) to maintain their lifestyle without their current income. What do you think? Not saving enough, starting too late and a lavish lifestyle (compared to our parents) are three major reasons you may […]
Yes, I am living vicariously through my son, Jake’s, youth baseball career. It’s been a fun, interesting, and at times an exasperating experience so far. Did I mention, expensive? We just spent the past five days in Ft. Myers as he traveled with a special group of players representing Bo Jackson’s Elite team in a […]
- 3 Ideas for This Lent Season March 4, 2014
- A Quintessential Rite of Passage…Your Teenager’s Visit to the DMV February 28, 2014
- Your Kid is Only One Bad Choice Away February 25, 2014
- ROTH VS. TRADITIONAL IRA…8 Important Comparisons February 21, 2014
- Mortgage Payment Hurts Retiree Options February 18, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Favorite Smart Phone Apps November 19, 2013
- landscaping images: I relish, lead to I discovered exactly what I was ...
- office depot printable coupons: Hi, I do think this is a great site. I stumbledupo...
- Brad Rosley: Reverse mortgages have been around for over a deca...
- Mike Pensinger: Hey Brad, what are your thoughts on reverse mortga...
- 3 Mistakes to Avoid in Retirement | Life Planning Today: […] If you have not addressed this, you may ...