The most important and anxious questions I answer for my clients are: “How much money will I have at retirement and will that be enough to live on? Of course, there are many variables in that calculation, one of the biggest is choosing an amount to withdraw from your investment nest egg every year. Many […]
About Brad RosleyBrad Rosley, CFP®, is the founder and President of FFG which opened in Glen Ellyn, Illinois in 1996. He has been a Certified Financial Planner since 1990 and helping individuals with their financial decisions for over 25 years. Ask Brad your financial and investment questions!
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” We can all agree each person’s perspective is unique, but do we ever take the time to contemplate how skewed our financial perspectives may be? Do you compare yourself to fellow neighbors, a person one community […]
In addition to Halloween, the month of October is known for creating spooks and scares among investors. When it comes to wealth suddenly disappearing, October can be quite frightful. The stock market crash of 1929 that led to the Great Depression occurred in October. So did the 22.6% plunge suffered by the Dow Jones industrial average in […]
“The Talk” I’m not referring to “the talk” with your teenage children about sex, but rather the “parent and adult children talk” about the parent’s estate plan. Have you had this conversation? Most people have not. My sister Lori is coming to town this weekend from Washington for a high school reunion and we are finally […]
Being frugal all the time can cost you plenty in the form of memories. Life is too short to not splurge a little for memorable experiences, even if it means being less frugal and paying extra for special activities or events. There are 365 days in the year. Out of all those days, how many […]
The American Dream has evolved over time from the right to liberty and pursuit of happiness to the ownership of material items, one of them being a home to call your very own. However, after paying a recent property tax bill for my home, I don’t know if this is a dream I want to be living! […]
How long do you think it will take for the S&P 500 to reach 4,000 or the Dow to reach 34,000? I started my career in finance back in 1986, when the S&P 500 index was under 300. Today, it crossed the 2,000 mark, which means that it has climbed nearly 700% and that doesn’t count […]
Chevy Chase as Clark Griswold in the “Vacation” movie was one of the more memorable comedy films I can remember. Like the Griswold’s, our family has always embraced the “family road trip” and this year we took it to a new level by loading our three teenagers in our 2004 Sienna Minivan, which has over 145,000 […]
We are now past the halfway mark for 2014 and it’s time for a brief review of our investment and economic performance. At your leisure, check out my video commentary below. Halftime Investment & Economic Report Please email or call with any questions or comments you may have.
After taking my son on a baseball trip last week to Cincinnati and driving over 1,000 miles and spending $200 in gas, I thought about the impact gas prices have on people’s lives. Listening to parents complain about all the driving gets old after a while, but it sure is real. Whether driving to work or to our kids’ […]
- 10 Outstanding Ways to Save $$$ October 30, 2014
- Does 4% Retirement Rule Make Sense For You Today? October 22, 2014
- How Much is Enough? October 15, 2014
- Beware of October’s Spooks and Scares October 1, 2014
- Have You Had “The Talk”? September 24, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Brad Rosley: Be happy with what you have. Count your blessings ...
- Mike Pensinger: Wow! I knew we are extremely lucky to be living i...
- Scott Blumenshine: Wow. Good information to keep things in perspectiv...
- Brad Rosley: Thank you....
- Mathew: Very nice post. I just stumbled upoon you blog and...