Tax Freedom Day is the day when the nation as a whole has earned enough money to pay its total tax bill for the year. A vivid, calendar-based illustration of the cost of government, Tax Freedom Day divides all federal, state, and local taxes by the nation’s income. In 2014, Americans will pay $3 trillion […]
About Brad RosleyBrad Rosley, CFP®, is the founder and President of FFG which opened in Glen Ellyn, Illinois in 1996. He has been a Certified Financial Planner since 1990 and helping individuals with their financial decisions for over 25 years. Ask Brad your financial and investment questions!
As another birthday comes and goes for me, I am reminded once again just how fast time flies. At this point, I struggle with conflicting things to focus my thoughts on. On the one hand: My kids are at the age where they want less and less to do with me. My joints ache a […]
This is a guest post written by Clifford Holm, an attorney with Fuchs & Roselli, Ltd. www.frltd.com. In 1986, a budding Chicago philosopher looked us square in the eye and cautioned us all: “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Almost 30 years […]
Q. When Should Your Kids Start Their Financial Planning? A. As soon as they have a job. WHEN DID YOU START SERIOUSLY PLANNING AND SAVING? Please share when you started in the reply area below article. One of the biggest regrets many of my new clients share with me is that they wish they […]
Recently, President Obama quietly withdrew the most important element of the Affordable Health Care Act, “The Mandate.” The Mandate that everyone must purchase insurance or face a tax penalty has been postponed for two years. The original goal of the Affordable Care Act was to encourage the millions of Americans without insurance to sign up […]
BETTER HAVE MORE MONEY Great news: people are living longer and healthier lives than ever before! Bad news: this means we need more money to allow for those additional years. It would be much easier to plan if we all knew the age at which we would die and worked backward from there. LONGEVITY RISK IS […]
While Lent is a 40-day preparation for Easter in Christian religions, it could also be an opportunity to make some changes, including financial ones, which could positively impact your life. Some ideas for this Lent season: 1. Give a little more Clean out your closet and dresser and donate clothes to those that need […]
Last week, I had the opportunity to listen to Chris Herren, former NBA basketball player, speak at Glenbard High School’s Parent Speaker Night on substance abuse. One word – riveting. As a father of teenagers, this presentation was especially timely. It should never have happened to him, just like it should never happen to your […]
What a difference having a mortgage payment makes regarding your retirement plan affordability! Did you refinance your home loan for thirty years to take advantage of historically low mortgage rates? If so, you may be locked into a mortgage payment into your 60’s, 70’s or 80’s. Ouch! As you do your retirement planning, one of […]
Your IRA or 401k is partially yours and partially the property of the IRS. Unfortunately, the IRS doesn’t tell you what they get until you make a withdrawal. RETIREMENT PLAN REALITY CHECK IRA Balance Marginal Tax Rates Yours […]
- What’s your Tax Freedom Day? April 15, 2014
- What are Some Measures You Can Take to Protect Against Inflation? April 11, 2014
- Coming to Grips With One’s Own Mortality April 8, 2014
- “Cameron Frye, This One’s for You!” March 31, 2014
- When Should Your Kids Start Planning? March 25, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- One Step Toward Affordable Healthcare for Startups (and the Rest of Us): […] a comprehensive health plan isn’t insu...
- Chris Flohr: Thanks for the great blog post! Dealing with the ...
- Brad Rosley: Glad you like it, thanks for sharing....
- Deanna: This blog is not only inspirational but also passe...
- Carole: Heya! I'm at work surfing around ylur blog from m...