While Lent is a 40-day preparation for Easter in Christian religions, it could also be an opportunity to make some changes, including financial ones, which could positively impact your life. Some ideas for this Lent season: 1. Give a little more Clean out your closet and dresser and donate clothes to those that need […]
About Brad RosleyBrad Rosley, CFP®, is the founder and President of FFG which opened in Glen Ellyn, Illinois in 1996. He has been a Certified Financial Planner since 1990 and helping individuals with their financial decisions for over 25 years. Ask Brad your financial and investment questions!
Last week, I had the opportunity to listen to Chris Herren, former NBA basketball player, speak at Glenbard High School’s Parent Speaker Night on substance abuse. One word – riveting. As a father of teenagers, this presentation was especially timely. It should never have happened to him, just like it should never happen to your […]
What a difference having a mortgage payment makes regarding your retirement plan affordability! Did you refinance your home loan for thirty years to take advantage of historically low mortgage rates? If so, you may be locked into a mortgage payment into your 60’s, 70’s or 80’s. Ouch! As you do your retirement planning, one of […]
Your IRA or 401k is partially yours and partially the property of the IRS. Unfortunately, the IRS doesn’t tell you what they get until you make a withdrawal. RETIREMENT PLAN REALITY CHECK IRA Balance Marginal Tax Rates Yours […]
We all know that the U.S. Government is $17 trillion in debt and has made trillions of dollars in Entitlement promises for which it has no money to pay. Forgive me if I don’t trust politicians not to come after my hard earned income and savings with new or higher taxes in the future to […]
Last week, the stock market had its worst week in quite a while, including a 300 point sell off for the Dow. Is the next “correction“ finally underway for the market? When people talk to me about “the market,” why is it they usually mean the U.S. large company indexes? I guess they believe […]
One half of all adults do not have a will (there are not statistics regarding out-dated wills). The older we get, the more concerned we are with having this important document completed. I’m guessing most of my readers have a will, but I would also guess that it may have been drafted many years ago […]
We can either embrace change or ignore it, but you are missing out if you ignore it. Twitter is an adult app for people who like to read. In my effort to be your best financial resource, Twitter is my best friend. Be one of the first 10 people to follow @Fortune_FG and I’ll send […]
In 2014, resolve not to “time the market”. “Time in the Market” is one key to long-term investment success. When you look at the chart below you will see just how bad retail (non-professional) investor’s performance is compared to what they could have made had they only been “buy and hold” investors. THE NUMBERS […]
Eating a large quantity of wheat is a major reason for the belly you have today. Lose the wheat; lose the belly fat. Today’s wheat is not the wheat your grandparents ate. It is processed and has a very negative impact on your body and health. In this blog entry, you will discover how to […]
- 3 Ideas for This Lent Season March 4, 2014
- A Quintessential Rite of Passage…Your Teenager’s Visit to the DMV February 28, 2014
- Your Kid is Only One Bad Choice Away February 25, 2014
- ROTH VS. TRADITIONAL IRA…8 Important Comparisons February 21, 2014
- Mortgage Payment Hurts Retiree Options February 18, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Favorite Smart Phone Apps November 19, 2013
- landscaping images: I relish, lead to I discovered exactly what I was ...
- office depot printable coupons: Hi, I do think this is a great site. I stumbledupo...
- Brad Rosley: Reverse mortgages have been around for over a deca...
- Mike Pensinger: Hey Brad, what are your thoughts on reverse mortga...
- 3 Mistakes to Avoid in Retirement | Life Planning Today: […] If you have not addressed this, you may ...