We are now past the halfway mark for 2014 and it’s time for a brief review of our investment and economic performance. At your leisure, check out my video commentary below. Halftime Investment & Economic Report Please email or call with any questions or comments you may have.
About Brad RosleyBrad Rosley, CFP®, is the founder and President of FFG which opened in Glen Ellyn, Illinois in 1996. He has been a Certified Financial Planner since 1990 and helping individuals with their financial decisions for over 25 years. Ask Brad your financial and investment questions!
After taking my son on a baseball trip last week to Cincinnati and driving over 1,000 miles and spending $200 in gas, I thought about the impact gas prices have on people’s lives. Listening to parents complain about all the driving gets old after a while, but it sure is real. Whether driving to work or to our kids’ […]
60. The minutes in an hour, the year JFK was elected as president, the millions Joakim Noah is paid in his 5 year contract with the Chicago Bulls, and the percent of Americans who have admitted to not having a personal financial budget (NFCC survey). Oddly enough, 100 million U.S. adults have also admitted that not having […]
Can you believe it is already July?! We are half way through 2014 and as the holiday weekend rolls in, I thought it would be interesting to take a look at the five most popular blogs so far this year. Interestingly, most of the top five have nothing to do with investing or retirement planning. It makes […]
Would an extra $60,000+ annual bill create a problem with your retirement plan? Your portfolio can be depleted rapidly when a spouse or parent is in need of care if the potential cost is not accounted for in your retirement planning. The perception is that, “I am healthy right now and I won’t ever need care.” The reality […]
Today, I came across the article, 9 Things We Should Get Rid of to Help Our Kids, and could really relate to what the author had to say. After reading the article, I started to wonder if I’ve been a very good parent as of late. Below are the “9 things” from the article with my experiences and thoughts […]
As the Dow nears hitting 17,000 after dropping to 6,626 back on March 2, 2009, you would think there would be mass euphoria and an upbeat feeling among you and your peers. Surprisingly, I don’t see or feel it. But, why is that? Shouldn’t everyone be feeling fantastic about their financial situation with such an incredible […]
We know department stores will have huge sales the day after Thanksgiving, but no one tells us when stock or bond prices are going on sale. Analysts are paid big money to try and predict investment (Stock & Bond) prices, but they are often wrong and much better at hindsight than forecasting. What we know… […]
For many, 5/29 is just another day in the month of May and probably overlooked due to the Memorial Day holiday. However, for the financial industry, 529 takes on a different meaning. Many people are unaware of the 529 College Savings Plan, a tax-advantaged account that families can open to save for their children’s or […]
This is a guest post written by Kimberly Silvestri, President and CEO of Silvestri Services, www.silvestriservices.com. When working with our elderly family members, it pays to be proactive rather than reactive. Waiting for a crisis to occur creates unnecessary stress. Planning early for long term care with your loved ones using Care Management, helps you become […]
- Halftime Investment & Economic Report (Video) July 22, 2014
- High Gas Prices Cripple Economy July 16, 2014
- 60 July 9, 2014
- The Red, White & Best Blogs of 2014 July 2, 2014
- Recycle, Restore, Renew. Repurpose, Retreasure, Refurbish. June 26, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- skip hire St Albans: Hi! This is my first comment here soo I just wante...
- please click the next webpage: Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog a...
- Johne294: Wow! This could be one particular of the most usef...
- J. Rosley: Nice article. Every one should work off a budget a...
- 60 | Life Planning Today: […] Or, it’s possible they haven̵...