Investors continued to pour money into stocks last week, but piled even more cash into bonds, as exchange-traded funds made up of bonds saw their biggest weekly fund inflow on record. Even as the stock market rallied, taxable bond ETFs drew in a one-week record of $4.49 billion, led by an all-time high weekly take [...]
About Brad RosleyBrad Rosley, CFP®, is the founder and President of FFG which opened in Glen Ellyn, Illinois in 1996. He has been a Certified Financial Planner since 1990 and helping individuals with their financial decisions for over 25 years. Ask Brad your financial and investment questions!
If the average family were to pay $10,000 per year for insurance, might they be better off keeping that money in a savings account and paying out doctor bills from that account and keeping whatever they don’t spend each year? What if you are diagnosed with a terrible disease? As of 1/1/14, at that time, [...]
Most people think all financial planners are “certified,” but this isn’t true. Anyone can call himself a “financial planner.” Only those who have fulfilled the certification and renewal requirements of CFP Board can display the CFP® certification marks, which represent a high level of competency, ethics and professionalism. CFP Board’s Standards of Professional Conduct require [...]
The precious metal’s biggest drop in 30 years on Monday left it deeply entrenched in bear-market territory. Recently, gold prices have dropped 28% from their record settle high in August 2011. Gold’s 13% decline over two days marks a potentially historic reversal for an investment that gained wide acceptance after gains of more than 500% [...]
Another birthday came and went for me Tuesday and, as always, I spent quite a bit of time reflecting. I wondered at what age did I start spending more time thinking about memories rather than the my future. Am I really that old? When should I make my “bucket list”? I thought Jack Nicholson was [...]
The U.S. stock market just had a terrific first quarter. The S&P 500 index was up 10.0% over the past three months. My client portfolios were not up that much because they also own many other investment asset classes that didn’t advance nearly as much. For example, the bond market was flat for the quarter, [...]
Getting older just kind of happens. The next thing you know you’ve hit 50 and can’t believe you are that old. I won’t be there for another year, but already feel that way, especially when my son reminds me that I have been out of high school for over THIRTY YEARS! Many of my clients [...]
Reconnecting With The Past About 22 years ago, I was asked by a girl I liked if I would volunteer to tutor a child from the Cabrini Green area. I said “ok” and went to the Fourth Presbyterian Church on Michigan Avenue in Chicago the next Wednesday night having no idea what to expect. When [...]
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (Dow) closed just above its peak 5 ½ years ago, but as you will see below much has changed over that time. The Last Time The Dow Was Here (Oct. 2007) vs. Today: Dow Jones Industrial Average: Then 14164.5; Now 14253 Regular Gas Price: Then $2.75; Now $3.73 GDP [...]
Earlier this month, I was reminded by a sports nutritionist how horrible soda is for your body and how critical water is to living a healthy life. The nutritionist mentioned that a lack of the ability to focus is a common symptom of dehydration and adversely affects kids at school and adults during their daily [...]
About Fortune Financial Group
Brad Rosley, CFP® and Ann Gunst, CFP®/CPA help their clients bridge the gap between financial success and living a life of fulfillment!
Have a Financial Question?
- A softer landing for life’s unexpected hiccups May 21, 2013
- Bond Prices at Nose-Bleed Levels – Public Jumps in With Both Feet May 14, 2013
- Obamacare – Pass on Insurance? – Train Wreck Coming May 1, 2013
- Why CFP® Certification Matters April 24, 2013
- Assault on Gold April 17, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Do the Math – Big Ten Schools April 25, 2012
- Parenting – Should I Share This Story About a Recovering Drug Addict With My Teenager? February 4, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Post Election Economic and Investment Outlook November 15, 2012
- insurance handbook for the medical office 11th edition workbook: Awesome things here. I am very happy to see your a...
- Brad Rosley: If someone were diagnosed with a bad (expensive to...
- mike jachec: The problem with not getting insurance is that if ...
- Brad Rosley: I'm not a CPAa, but I would guess the answer woul...
- Mel: "If your business is incorporated, you can deduct...