This week we heard of the devastating news of the passing of Robin Williams. Although there is complete sorrow in the loss of an individual that literally touched the lives of millions of people, this article demonstrates how there were positive lessons learned by the way he conducted his life. This post, Robin Williams’ Estate […]
About Ann GunstAnn Gunst, CFP®/CPA, has a more than a decade of experience in the financial services industry coupled with greater than 12 years experience in financial consulting and accounting. Ask Ann your financial and investment questions!
Happy International Left Handers Day! For all of you lefties out there, myself included, August 13th is your day. Although we comprise only approximately 10% of the population, we definitely leave quite an impact. I found this article interesting and thought you would as well. 12 Little-Known Facts About Left-Handers – Healthy Living Center – […]
As many of you may know, both my husband Randy and I have become orphans over the past three years. One of the many new processes we have been faced with is how to deal with the many tangible “treasures” that have been acquired for almost a century. A substantial number of these treasures found […]
Requirements include, but aren’t limited to: Strong knowledge of the Lego the Hobbit Video Game Basketball and outdoor sports skills Willingness to wrestle is a plus. Why not consider a MANNY? Also known as a child care provider who happens to be a young male. With more families entrusting young children to the care of […]
Let’s face it; we live in a litigious society. Whether you are a small business owner, a professional or managing your own family you need to take measures to protect yourself and your assets from potential lawsuits. Although this is surely not a comprehensive list, here are some measures you can use! Umbrella Insurance: Umbrella […]
Spring is finally upon us…well almost. Do you remember your childhood days where the weather was temperate enough that you could walk up to the local drug store (in my case Vallette Rexall Drug) with a dollar in your pocket? In the late 1970s you were able to purchase at least 4 jumbo candy bars […]
Great News: We have weathered the storm of the Great Recession of 2008 and 2009! Cautionary News: The possibilities for you to experience losses in your retirement portfolio due to factors that affect the overall performance of the financial markets continue to exist. This risk, defined as MARKET or SYSTEMATIC RISK IS VERY REAL. As […]
Last month our youngest son turned 16 and experienced that long awaited moment…he obtained his driver’s license! A euphoric experience for him, but frankly a somber reality for us as parents. Last week I wrote about the steps required to obtain a driver’s license and the responsibilities that accompany the privilege to drive a vehicle. […]
My youngest, who recently received his Driver’s License, going for a cruise… Driver Education In Illinois, most people under age 18 learn to drive in high school or at a commercial driver training school licensed by the Secretary of State’s office. Commercial driver training schools in the Chicagoland area include Top Driver, Michael’s Driving School […]
Roth vs. Traditional IRA 8 Important Comparisons Deciding which retirement account type may fit your needs is an important step in retirement planning. The comparisons below provide an overview of the differences between the Traditional and Roth IRAs which may be a good resource for you. Remember…the Contribution Deadline for the 2013 Tax Year is […]
- The Real Griswold’s “Quest for Fun” August 18, 2014
- Robin Williams’ Solid Estate Plan August 15, 2014
- Happy International Left Handers Day! August 13, 2014
- Halftime Investment & Economic Report (Video) July 22, 2014
- High Gas Prices Cripple Economy July 16, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Dave Ogdon: Yikes Ann, Most of the 12 little known facts ar...
- Why CFP® Certification Matters | Life Planning Today: […] Who is Your Financial Planner? […]...
- Chicago Finances in BIG TROUBLE- The Blue State Reckoning | Life Planning Today: […] Free EBook – Pay Tax Once and be Done ...
- Some Memories are Priceless | Life Planning Today: […] My Dr.’s Office Experience (READ TIME:...
- 3 Ideas for This Lent Season | Life Planning Today: […] Pop – would be a great choice for many...