As many of you may know, both my husband Randy and I have become orphans over the past three years. One of the many new processes we have been faced with is how to deal with the many tangible “treasures” that have been acquired for almost a century. A substantial number of these treasures found […]
About Ann GunstAnn Gunst, CFP®/CPA, has a more than a decade of experience in the financial services industry coupled with greater than 12 years experience in financial consulting and accounting. Ask Ann your financial and investment questions!
Requirements include, but aren’t limited to: Strong knowledge of the Lego the Hobbit Video Game Basketball and outdoor sports skills Willingness to wrestle is a plus. Why not consider a MANNY? Also known as a child care provider who happens to be a young male. With more families entrusting young children to the care of […]
Let’s face it; we live in a litigious society. Whether you are a small business owner, a professional or managing your own family you need to take measures to protect yourself and your assets from potential lawsuits. Although this is surely not a comprehensive list, here are some measures you can use! Umbrella Insurance: Umbrella […]
Spring is finally upon us…well almost. Do you remember your childhood days where the weather was temperate enough that you could walk up to the local drug store (in my case Vallette Rexall Drug) with a dollar in your pocket? In the late 1970s you were able to purchase at least 4 jumbo candy bars […]
Great News: We have weathered the storm of the Great Recession of 2008 and 2009! Cautionary News: The possibilities for you to experience losses in your retirement portfolio due to factors that affect the overall performance of the financial markets continue to exist. This risk, defined as MARKET or SYSTEMATIC RISK IS VERY REAL. As […]
Last month our youngest son turned 16 and experienced that long awaited moment…he obtained his driver’s license! A euphoric experience for him, but frankly a somber reality for us as parents. Last week I wrote about the steps required to obtain a driver’s license and the responsibilities that accompany the privilege to drive a vehicle. […]
My youngest, who recently received his Driver’s License, going for a cruise… Driver Education In Illinois, most people under age 18 learn to drive in high school or at a commercial driver training school licensed by the Secretary of State’s office. Commercial driver training schools in the Chicagoland area include Top Driver, Michael’s Driving School […]
Roth vs. Traditional IRA 8 Important Comparisons Deciding which retirement account type may fit your needs is an important step in retirement planning. The comparisons below provide an overview of the differences between the Traditional and Roth IRAs which may be a good resource for you. Remember…the Contribution Deadline for the 2013 Tax Year is […]
Worried about the imminent fact that interest rates are on the rise… I found a great article this past weekend that lists 7 ways for which you may take advantage of this situation. I hope at least one of these tips works for you! The 30-year fixed rate mortgage, now at 3.9 percent, bottomed out […]
When the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act starts rolling out in October, it will overhaul how Americans get health care coverage. You will find yourself in a maze of different options. I came across this article in the Sunday Chicago Tribune this past Sunday. Hopefully it may be a start to assist you in […]
- Halftime Investment & Economic Report (Video) July 22, 2014
- High Gas Prices Cripple Economy July 16, 2014
- 60 July 9, 2014
- The Red, White & Best Blogs of 2014 July 2, 2014
- Recycle, Restore, Renew. Repurpose, Retreasure, Refurbish. June 26, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- skip hire St Albans: Hi! This is my first comment here soo I just wante...
- please click the next webpage: Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog a...
- Johne294: Wow! This could be one particular of the most usef...
- J. Rosley: Nice article. Every one should work off a budget a...
- 60 | Life Planning Today: […] Or, it’s possible they haven̵...