Worried about the imminent fact that interest rates are on the rise… I found a great article this past weekend that lists 7 ways for which you may take advantage of this situation. I hope at least one of these tips works for you! The 30-year fixed rate mortgage, now at 3.9 percent, bottomed out […]
About Ann GunstAnn Gunst, CFP®/CPA, has a more than a decade of experience in the financial services industry coupled with greater than 12 years experience in financial consulting and accounting. Ask Ann your financial and investment questions!
When the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act starts rolling out in October, it will overhaul how Americans get health care coverage. You will find yourself in a maze of different options. I came across this article in the Sunday Chicago Tribune this past Sunday. Hopefully it may be a start to assist you in […]
A basic tenant of personal finance that can dramatically improve your money life is having a cash emergency fund. Its sounds so fundamental: put away some money for a rainy day. Yet so many people don’t do it. Perhaps because they don’t have a solid answer to a simple question: Why? It’s especially important for […]
With students entering into the final stretch of the spring semester many are still contemplating their options for employment this summer. Many students are still looking to land a summer internship. Although many young adults have already solidified their plans for the summer, many are still looking for the opportunity to land a summer internship. […]
This is the time of year you will hear much about IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts) This is because an IRA contribution is the last tax deduction you can still create for your 2012 tax return to make a pretax IRA contribution (provided that you not eligible for another form of retirement saving, ect 401k defined benefit […]
Happy December! With the days counting down to Christmas, year-end and the impending buzz on the Fiscal Cliff, I just wanted to send you a brief message and direct you to a few of our posts that have received considerable attention, most likely because they relate to issues most near and dear to our own personal lives…college […]
Get Life Planning Today delivered by email Featured Article from Jeff Singer CPA It would be an understatement to say that planning in today’s environment is challenging. We hear about the ominous fiscal cliff and the unwanted effects of sequestration. Our leaders believe they can reach a common ground to get an effective plan […]
The morning after: 3 things you should do in the face of a natural disaster Millions of homeowners in the Northeast woke up today and confronted the specter of flooded structures, fallen trees and other serious property damage. Last year’s Hurricane Irene clocked in as the fifth most expensive hurricane in history, with $19 billion […]
5 Tricks to Save on Halloween Treats and Costumes Don’t let the cost of this year’s Halloween celebration scare you. Find out how to make costumes on the cheap and save a bundle on candy. Halloween is fun for both kids and adults. But with costumes, candy, and decorations to buy, the price for your […]
October is a strange month for shopping, since we’re now within a stone’s throw of the biggest shopping event of the year: Black Friday. You might want to put off most purchases until the attention-grabbing deals start flowing in next month. But now that you have finally filed your extended tax return and are anticipating […]
- 3 Mistakes to Avoid in Retirement December 10, 2013
- 6 Tax Moves to Consider Making in December December 3, 2013
- A Season for Giving Thanks & Bonus From Duck Dynasty Video November 26, 2013
- Favorite Smart Phone Apps November 19, 2013
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- 6 Tax Moves to Consider Making in December | Life Planning Today: […] For example – Seek Municipal Bonds...
- What if You Redirected College Savings? | Life Planning Today: […] 4 Expectations from President Obama’s ...
- One Step Toward Affordable Healthcare for Startups (and the Rest of Us) | We're Not Expecting Any Surprises: […] a comprehensive health plan isn’t insu...
- Edith: I love my scrabble ap, my duo lingo where I am lea...
- Brad Rosley: Thanks Ed, I'll be downloading Waze for the traff...