There are a lucky 13 days remaining in 2014 it’s not too late to consider at least one of these financially savvy ideas: Taxing matters If you’re paying estimated taxes, now would be a good time to review your payments, especially if you had a big change in income from the prior year, Estimated […]
About Ann GunstAnn Gunst, CFP®/CPA, has a more than a decade of experience in the financial services industry coupled with greater than 12 years experience in financial consulting and accounting. Ask Ann your financial and investment questions!
Yesterday we lost a Chicago Political Icon, Judy Barr Topinka. Today the Chicago Sun Times succinctly described Judy as “a brash, colorful, plain speaking, competent, energetic product of Chicago’s near western suburbs.” Irrespective of your political alliance, you have to have to admit we lost a Chicago treasure. Please refer to the provided link to […]
You have many options to fix up your finances, but these will have a significant impact: Cut your housing costs. These add up to about 33% of the average family’s budget. Refinance your mortgage to a lower interest rate if possible, increase the deductible on your home insurance, even consider moving to a location with […]
When planning your finances, you need to consider all the elements and situations that may impact the success of your plan. Will your children be attending college? What is your retirement age? Do you expect to switch careers in the near future? Are you planning on downsizing? Those are just a few questions to get you thinking as […]
This past week we have experienced a tragedy in our neighborhood and the Elmhurst community. On August 30th we lost the lives of four beautiful individuals; Frank Stack (82), Joan Stack (82), Mary Stack (57) and Frank Stack Jr. (48). Newspaper story. The true question is not how this tragedy played out, but WHY. I […]
Several Steps to Prepare for an Awesome Triathlon As we head into the final weekend of the summer, I reflect back on the last several months. One of my proudest moments was completing a Sprint Triathlon with my daughter Haley. While much of the summer was focused on the actual training preparation, there were […]
This week we heard of the devastating news of the passing of Robin Williams. Although there is complete sorrow in the loss of an individual that literally touched the lives of millions of people, this article demonstrates how there were positive lessons learned by the way he conducted his life. This post, Robin Williams’ Estate […]
Happy International Left Handers Day! For all of you lefties out there, myself included, August 13th is your day. Although we comprise only approximately 10% of the population, we definitely leave quite an impact. I found this article interesting and thought you would as well. 12 Little-Known Facts About Left-Handers – Healthy Living Center – […]
As many of you may know, both my husband Randy and I have become orphans over the past three years. One of the many new processes we have been faced with is how to deal with the many tangible “treasures” that have been acquired for almost a century. A substantial number of these treasures found […]
Requirements include, but aren’t limited to: Strong knowledge of the Lego the Hobbit Video Game Basketball and outdoor sports skills Willingness to wrestle is a plus. Why not consider a MANNY? Also known as a child care provider who happens to be a young male. With more families entrusting young children to the care of […]
- 10 Financial Things To Do Before Year End December 18, 2014
- Economic and Investment Review- Webinar December 16, 2014
- Why HSA’s go Hand in Hand with Obamacare and Retirement December 11, 2014
- Illinois Says Goodbye to Judy Baar Topinka December 11, 2014
- Is Your Credit Card Keeping You From Financial Success? December 3, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Why Health Insurance is Not “Insurance” November 12, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Brad Rosley: Assuming you have a high deductible health insuran...
- Scott: Brad How to set up HSA?...
- Rob Wyant: Brad. Thank you for sharing. Excellent book and ...
- Mike Pensinger: I explain to clients the *hope* is that you'll be...
- Brad Rosley: Be happy with what you have. Count your blessings ...