You have many options to fix up your finances, but these will have a significant impact: Cut your housing costs. These add up to about 33% of the average family’s budget. Refinance your mortgage to a lower interest rate if possible, increase the deductible on your home insurance, even consider moving to a location with […]
About Ann GunstAnn Gunst, CFP®/CPA, has a more than a decade of experience in the financial services industry coupled with greater than 12 years experience in financial consulting and accounting. Ask Ann your financial and investment questions!
When planning your finances, you need to consider all the elements and situations that may impact the success of your plan. Will your children be attending college? What is your retirement age? Do you expect to switch careers in the near future? Are you planning on downsizing? Those are just a few questions to get you thinking as […]
This past week we have experienced a tragedy in our neighborhood and the Elmhurst community. On August 30th we lost the lives of four beautiful individuals; Frank Stack (82), Joan Stack (82), Mary Stack (57) and Frank Stack Jr. (48). Newspaper story. The true question is not how this tragedy played out, but WHY. I […]
Several Steps to Prepare for an Awesome Triathlon As we head into the final weekend of the summer, I reflect back on the last several months. One of my proudest moments was completing a Sprint Triathlon with my daughter Haley. While much of the summer was focused on the actual training preparation, there were […]
This week we heard of the devastating news of the passing of Robin Williams. Although there is complete sorrow in the loss of an individual that literally touched the lives of millions of people, this article demonstrates how there were positive lessons learned by the way he conducted his life. This post, Robin Williams’ Estate […]
Happy International Left Handers Day! For all of you lefties out there, myself included, August 13th is your day. Although we comprise only approximately 10% of the population, we definitely leave quite an impact. I found this article interesting and thought you would as well. 12 Little-Known Facts About Left-Handers – Healthy Living Center – […]
As many of you may know, both my husband Randy and I have become orphans over the past three years. One of the many new processes we have been faced with is how to deal with the many tangible “treasures” that have been acquired for almost a century. A substantial number of these treasures found […]
Requirements include, but aren’t limited to: Strong knowledge of the Lego the Hobbit Video Game Basketball and outdoor sports skills Willingness to wrestle is a plus. Why not consider a MANNY? Also known as a child care provider who happens to be a young male. With more families entrusting young children to the care of […]
Let’s face it; we live in a litigious society. Whether you are a small business owner, a professional or managing your own family you need to take measures to protect yourself and your assets from potential lawsuits. Although this is surely not a comprehensive list, here are some measures you can use! Umbrella Insurance: Umbrella […]
Spring is finally upon us…well almost. Do you remember your childhood days where the weather was temperate enough that you could walk up to the local drug store (in my case Vallette Rexall Drug) with a dollar in your pocket? In the late 1970s you were able to purchase at least 4 jumbo candy bars […]
- Loving More Effectively November 18, 2014
- Fictitious Balance on Your 401k/IRA Account Statement November 11, 2014
- Post 2014 Election Expectations November 5, 2014
- 10 Outstanding Ways to Save $$$ October 30, 2014
- Does 4% Retirement Rule Make Sense For You Today? October 22, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Rob Wyant: Brad. Thank you for sharing. Excellent book and ...
- Mike Pensinger: I explain to clients the *hope* is that you'll be...
- Brad Rosley: Be happy with what you have. Count your blessings ...
- Mike Pensinger: Wow! I knew we are extremely lucky to be living i...
- Scott Blumenshine: Wow. Good information to keep things in perspectiv...