I thought I would pass on several money savings tips…many of which you may already know, several may be news you can use!
20 Ways to Save on Gas – Some you know and some you don’t-
HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU THIS WEEKEND
- Pay cash in some instances you may get a discount but if not it at least will be a less painful task to pay your monthly Visa bill
- Fill up at the warehouse club including COSCO which typically have more competitive rates
- Shop around it may surprise you the different rates different stations charge
- Use a smart phone app to find nearby low prices
- Take some pressure off the gas petal The slower you go, the less gas you use
- Take the extra weight out of your car In the winter months the golf clubs will be more secure stored in your house and will save you a few pennies
- Schedule some time with your mechanic-Get a tune-up, tire alignment , clean your air filters and check your tire pressure
- Eliminate jack-rabbit starts Don’t stomp on the peddle
- Ride a bike not only will you save a few pennies but a few calories as well
- Buy a car that gets better mileage
- Turn off your air conditioner and open the windows. If you must use the air conditioner, close the widows.
- Pick a more efficient route
- Combine trips
- Don’t fill up until you’re empty
- Make sure your gas cap is tight
- Don’t idle Turn off your car if you’re going to idle for more than 30 seconds.
- Don’t use high octane gas unless your car is pinging
- Don’t top off your tank
Finally the one way to deal with higher gas prices you might not have considered…Hedge against higher gas prices by owning a few shares of an oil company’s stock. Not only will your shares likely rise with rising oil and gas pricesan added bonus: You might earn a higher interest rate on your savings as well.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT BRAD OR ANN!