While Lent is a 40-day preparation for Easter in Christian religions, it could also be an opportunity to make some changes, including financial ones, which could positively impact your life. Some ideas for this Lent season: 1. Give a little more Clean out your closet and dresser and donate clothes to those that need […]
My youngest, who recently received his Driver’s License, going for a cruise… Driver Education In Illinois, most people under age 18 learn to drive in high school or at a commercial driver training school licensed by the Secretary of State’s office. Commercial driver training schools in the Chicagoland area include Top Driver, Michael’s Driving School […]
Last week, I had the opportunity to listen to Chris Herren, former NBA basketball player, speak at Glenbard High School’s Parent Speaker Night on substance abuse. One word – riveting. As a father of teenagers, this presentation was especially timely. It should never have happened to him, just like it should never happen to your […]
Roth vs. Traditional IRA 8 Important Comparisons Deciding which retirement account type may fit your needs is an important step in retirement planning. The comparisons below provide an overview of the differences between the Traditional and Roth IRAs which may be a good resource for you. Remember…the Contribution Deadline for the 2013 Tax Year is […]
What a difference having a mortgage payment makes regarding your retirement plan affordability! Did you refinance your home loan for thirty years to take advantage of historically low mortgage rates? If so, you may be locked into a mortgage payment into your 60’s, 70’s or 80’s. Ouch! As you do your retirement planning, one of […]
Your IRA or 401k is partially yours and partially the property of the IRS. Unfortunately, the IRS doesn’t tell you what they get until you make a withdrawal. RETIREMENT PLAN REALITY CHECK IRA Balance Marginal Tax Rates Yours […]
We all know that the U.S. Government is $17 trillion in debt and has made trillions of dollars in Entitlement promises for which it has no money to pay. Forgive me if I don’t trust politicians not to come after my hard earned income and savings with new or higher taxes in the future to […]
Last week, the stock market had its worst week in quite a while, including a 300 point sell off for the Dow. Is the next “correction“ finally underway for the market? When people talk to me about “the market,” why is it they usually mean the U.S. large company indexes? I guess they believe […]
One half of all adults do not have a will (there are not statistics regarding out-dated wills). The older we get, the more concerned we are with having this important document completed. I’m guessing most of my readers have a will, but I would also guess that it may have been drafted many years ago […]
We can either embrace change or ignore it, but you are missing out if you ignore it. Twitter is an adult app for people who like to read. In my effort to be your best financial resource, Twitter is my best friend. Be one of the first 10 people to follow @Fortune_FG and I’ll send […]
- 3 Ideas for This Lent Season March 4, 2014
- A Quintessential Rite of Passage…Your Teenager’s Visit to the DMV February 28, 2014
- Your Kid is Only One Bad Choice Away February 25, 2014
- ROTH VS. TRADITIONAL IRA…8 Important Comparisons February 21, 2014
- Mortgage Payment Hurts Retiree Options February 18, 2014
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Is College Worth it Today? An Alternative Idea November 5, 2013
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Favorite Smart Phone Apps November 19, 2013
- office depot printable coupons: Hi, I do think this is a great site. I stumbledupo...
- Brad Rosley: Reverse mortgages have been around for over a deca...
- Mike Pensinger: Hey Brad, what are your thoughts on reverse mortga...
- 3 Mistakes to Avoid in Retirement | Life Planning Today: […] If you have not addressed this, you may ...
- 2013 Was a Memorable Year | Life Planning Today: […] A Season for Giving Thanks & Bonus F...