This year for Lent I gave up Fox News. If you are an avid news watcher, you may want to try this too. “Out of sight” really does lead to ” out of mind.” Fox generally provides me with all the current news and a ton of commentary from both sides of the political aisle […]
With CD’s paying next to nothing, we need some creative ideas to generate more income during retirement… Most of us have a notion on what a “pension” is, as you or someone you know may be fortunate enough to have one. A pension is a stream of payments for a specified period of time. As […]
Over the past several years, most of the clients that I have advised to purchase life insurance are retired and have no dependent need. The insurance has greatly helped their retirement spending and legacy plan. The only thing that would have been better is if they would have had the foresight to procure the permanent […]
Turn $500/Year into $500,000! I recently created Roth IRA’s for my kids and put $500 into each account. With a little guidance from me, the kids will each choose to become stock owners of one company. Going forward I will encourage them to save by matching what they contribute to the account and am hopeful […]
My wife likes to take trips with her girlfriends every now and then and right now she is enjoying sunny Miami while her family digs their way out of 19 inches of snow, blowing every which way as temperatures fall into the teens and then single digits. Life without my wife here is very different, […]
Illinois is Similar to Greece – Broke Illinois is like Greece in one obvious way: It over promised and under delivered on pensions and has little appetite for dealing with the problem. Illinois, with a population of 13 million (Greece has 11 million, though a far smaller GDP than Illinois), has the most underfunded retirement […]
My Rebuttal: While President Obama touts about the 5.6% unemployment in December as another sign of a “recovery” generated by his economic policies, he fails to mention a record 92.9 million Americans are no longer in the labor force, as the labor participation rate hit a new 38-year low last month, at 62.7%. Approximately 11 […]
Those of you that know me, know that every year I take my family on vacation, usually to a warm beach in Mexico over Christmas break. This year we decided against it and the reason was that my three spoiled teenage kids don’t seem to appreciate it. Did I mention “spoiled kids”? Ungrateful, also comes […]
I thought you may be interested to know how a 25-year financial planning expert goes about planning for financial success in the New Year. I’d like to think I live a balanced lifestyle, enjoying life today while saving for an uncertain tomorrow. My peace of mind starts with a detailed analysis of where I am […]
There are a lucky 13 days remaining in 2014 it’s not too late to consider at least one of these financially savvy ideas: Taxing matters If you’re paying estimated taxes, now would be a good time to review your payments, especially if you had a big change in income from the prior year, Estimated […]
- Is Ignorance Bliss? March 3, 2015
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? February 24, 2015
- Life Insurance Key to Retirement Spending and Legacy Plan February 17, 2015
- One Powerful Financial Move for Kids (or Grand-kids) February 10, 2015
- Life Without the Wife February 3, 2015
- Shut Up and Take My Money January 13, 2015
- What Did You Pay For Your Kid’s College? Please Respond August 27, 2013
- Use Life Insurance for Long Term Care (if needed) December 5, 2011
- Romney Wins – Then What? October 18, 2012
- Perks of Getting Older June 19, 2013
- Is a Private Pension in Your Future? | Life Planning Today: […] is that you leave nothing from the money...
- One Powerful Financial Move for Kids | Life Planning Today: […] Take Advantage of Tax-free Roth IRA [...
- Illinois and Greece, Two of a Kind? | Life Planning Today: […] Chicago Finances in BIG TROUBLE- The Blu...
- The Real State of the Union | Life Planning Today: […] Unworkable Obamacare […]...
- The Real State of the Union | Life Planning Today: […] Economic & Investment Review […...